[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-17 2:43 pm   Permalink

HI THERE, IM NEW TO THE WHOLE TIKI CENTRAL COMMUNITY. I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF THE SITE FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW AND I LOVE IT. I JUST STARTED DRESSING MY BACKYARD WITH A NEW LOOK. IT WHAT I WOULD CALL A BLEND OF PIRATES, TIKI, AND INDIANA JONES AND JUNGLE CRUISE ATTRACTIONS(THANKS DISNEYLAND). MOST OF MY SETS ARE ALL HAND MADE BY ME AND THE OTHER PROPS ARE FOUND AT SWAP MEETS CRAIGSLIST EBAY ECT. THE PICTURES DO NOT DO JUSTICE TO THIS LOOK IM CREATING. ALSO NIGHT PICTURES DONT SHOW UP WELL WITH MY CAMERA BUT ARE EXTREMELY DRAMATIC!!! PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE OR ASK QUESTIONS. ID SAY IM ABOUT 40% DONE. I NEED TO FINISH A BAMBOO BAR, FIRE PITS, AND A LARGE CORNER WATERFALL THAT WILL ENTER MY POOL. (NO PROBLEM DUE TO MY WORK BACKGROUND). PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THERE ARE PROPS MIXED IN LIKE A VINTAGE RADIO THAT PLAYS ONLY 30S AND 40S MUSIC WHILE MY BACKYARD SPEAKERS PLAY WHATEVER I WISH (MOSTLY JUNGLE AMBIANCE) .COLOR CHANGING LED POOL LIGHT LOOKS COOL TOO...THE FIRST SET OF PICS ARE A BEFORE OF THE BACKYARD. WANTED TO PUT UP ALL MY PICS BUT IT TAKES A LONG TIME. THERE IS ALOT OF DETAIL IN MY FAUX STORE FRONT. THANKS AGAIN. ENJOY......

View Profile of Thruliquidspace Send a personal message to Thruliquidspace  Email Thruliquidspace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-17 3:20 pm   Permalink

Welcome to Tiki Central TLS! Looks like you've got a good start, impressive pile of props you have accumulated!

Enjoy the ride!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-17 3:33 pm   Permalink

one word - awesome!

thanks for sharing and i cant wait to see more!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-17 6:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the thumbs up guys. I'm gonna put up some detail pictures on how I built slot of it and some more detail. I'm working in the backyard this weekend if it doesn't rain to much. Thanks again

View Profile of Thruliquidspace Send a personal message to Thruliquidspace  Email Thruliquidspace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-17 9:13 pm   Permalink

Ever, ever so hip. You have the flavour and decour perfected.

Man, digging those photos makes one almost forget for a second or two, in metro Chicago it's about as cold as a three day okd polar bear turd.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-17 9:20 pm   Permalink

I thought I saw a swastika - wait, it's the ark of the covenant from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-18 10:29 am   Permalink

WOW!!! I love it, great job.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-19 11:02 am   Permalink

Holy cow! Incredible use of the props (and an amazing collection)!

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 2:32 pm   Permalink

Great start!!! I love the attention to detail. More lights, you can never have enough lights for the mood

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 5:53 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Thanks for opening up your backyard paradise for our eyes to see!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 6:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-17 14:43, Thruliquidspace wrote:

What can you tell us about this tiki? Real or movie prop, etc.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-21 9:20 pm   Permalink

This 12 ft tall tiki is solid wood. It's 100% real. And very heavy. All I can tell you is that it the guy I got it from told me he was cleaning out a house that belonged to one of the actors in one of the Harold and kuhmar movies. Laying in the basement. It's surprisingly smooth and has 4 human carving on it. Solid wood. It's an awesome find for me but is kinda creepy. I told myself if bad things start happening I'm getting rid of it. Hahaha.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-23 12:20 pm   Permalink

Did I miss reading what state you live in? I was curious if bad weather causes any headaches when trying to protect some of your props (if they need any sort of protection) from the elements.

Also do you decorate the interior of your house as well in this sort of style? If so please post those pics too!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-23 9:29 pm   Permalink

nice work.. disney are gonna be pissed when they realise all their shit is missin!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-25 12:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-23 21:29, Tiki Trav wrote:
nice work.. disney are gonna be pissed when they realise all their shit is missin!

lol was thinking the same thing

Quote:

On 2010-12-23 12:20, leleliz wrote:
Did I miss reading what state you live in? I was curious if bad weather causes any headaches when trying to protect some of your props (if they need any sort of protection) from the elements.

great question! ( as i look at the cold wet mess outside ) would love to do a few things in the same flavor, do you use a weather proofer or clearcote???

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation