FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
tikitikitom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-25 3:52 pm   Permalink

Absolutely killer! Let us know if you ever throw a house party. We do something similar each year at Burning Man. Check out facebook.com/shipwrecktikilounge for pix and to fan us. Would love to have somebody with your talents on board. tikitom

View Profile of tikitikitom Send a personal message to tikitikitom  Goto the website of tikitikitom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-25 8:38 pm   Permalink

All my wood items like the tikis , crates ect... I use wood stain then just a waterproofing like thompsons.
I live in the San Fernando valley so atleast for the last couple years we don't get alot of rain and temp is kinda mild.
My skulls are foam from a michaels arts and craft store.. Halloween time is a perfect time to look for props, skulls , flicker bulbs , ect.. I tried spraying the skulls with a waterproof spray can but due to a chemical reaction with the acrylic paint the foam melts. So what forks perfect by trial and error is liquid resin that is completely clear and does not yellow over time. About 4 coats should do it.. Now the soft foam skull is as Hard as a rock. They have been like this for about a year now and still look good. All my wood props will have to be re waterproof each year. Thanks to my new airless spray gun (homedepot 200$) no time at all.. Does paint, stain, and any liquid you want to my knowledge. You can also make bamboo out of PVC pipe if you don't want to use the real thing. Kinda easy to do and mine always come out cool. Let me know if this helps guys. Thanks again

View Profile of Thruliquidspace Send a personal message to Thruliquidspace  Email Thruliquidspace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-25 9:17 pm   Permalink

Wholly Crap; That's an AWESOME transformation! Great Job!

Now if you could just get ahold of a Mermaid, some sunken treasure, and a loooong sea-serpent with spinning eyes and drop 'em into the pool, you'll be all set!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-26 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-21 21:20, Thruliquidspace wrote:
This 12 ft tall tiki is solid wood. It's 100% real. And very heavy. All I can tell you is that it the guy I got it from told me he was cleaning out a house that belonged to one of the actors in one of the Harold and kuhmar movies. Laying in the basement. It's surprisingly smooth and has 4 human carving on it. Solid wood. It's an awesome find for me but is kinda creepy. I told myself if bad things start happening I'm getting rid of it. Hahaha.

That pole is Indonesian... really nice weathering on it!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capheind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-26 10:42 am   Permalink

I SEE YOU ARE ALSO A FAN OF THE CAPSLOCK KEY, WELCOME TO THE FANCLUB. YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY PRINT SCREEN, SCROLL LOCK, AND SYSRQ.

On a more serious note, amazing job. I also plan to go with the Tiki-patio as apposed to the tiki-room. Mostly this is because I know my ladyfriends shared love of tiki would not extend to dedicating a room to it, but being the gardener of the couple the yard is mine.

View Profile of capheind Send a personal message to capheind      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-26 7:12 pm   Permalink

so here are some updated pics...i always wanted temple ruins in my backyard....this is gonna look sooooo cool when everything grows in around and behind it..i also put a roof on my tiki bar and started dressing up the area around it a bit...hope you like....and i made my very first tiki out of a mexican fan palm....pics soon....LATER YALL...

View Profile of Thruliquidspace Send a personal message to Thruliquidspace  Email Thruliquidspace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seanrussell311

Posted: 2011-02-10 5:50 pm   Permalink

WOW! Your 'poolscape' is so awesome ! Now I'm inspired to dress up my pool and patio this spring. Great work and thanks for sharing.

View Profile of seanrussell311 Send a personal message to seanrussell311      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-11 11:50 am   Permalink

Lookin' good, Spring and Summer are just around the corner!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-13 10:36 am   Permalink

I love this thread. Thanks for sharing the photos. Keep 'em coming!

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-18 11:15 am   Permalink

Place looks great. Cool collection of stuff in the trading post area. Very very cool. I've always loved that whole 'Lost in the Jungle' kind of feel.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-18 12:33 pm   Permalink

I would love to have you as a neighbor...how fun to have Tikis peeking over the fence.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-02-25 6:43 pm   Permalink

night time uga chaka uga chaka

oh and if anyone wants to know how to make a easy flicker circuit for there exterior lights i have found the way thanks to google hahaha. using a starter from fluorescent light fixtures works perfectly. just splice it into one of the two leads and your golden. don't shock yourself. always use protection!!!! check out this little youtube account i just made.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thruliquidspace?feature=mhum

mahalo.

Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-07 12:05 pm   Permalink

just working on some signs to brighten up the joint. the pics come out right side up but when i load them they are sideways sorry

Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-12 3:31 pm   Permalink

Plants are starting to come in and it looks very lush!!! oh ya...some new netting, a new light post staring the lost safari party , and starting to build a ship wreck....hahahahaha or should i say oga chaka oga chaka... only problem is my temple ruins have now been lost in the foliage just like in real life hahaha. and i have to move some tikis closer to the front so they dont get lost in the jungle>>>>>

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 4:04 pm   Permalink

What a fun backyard. I bet you have inspired a lot of us to take a look at our yards to see the possibilities. Thank you for posting these terrific photos, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation