FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 7:47 pm   Permalink

I love your pirate ship remains, I think I will try to make something like it for my back yard. Thanks for all the fun photos.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-13 08:43 am   Permalink

love your yard!! ive used your photos numerous times for my own backyard!! keep up the great work!!!

pele paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 1:25 pm   Permalink

SUPER FUN STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 1:38 pm   Permalink

It looks great!! I wish I had a yard to do that kind of stuff!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-21 4:09 pm   Permalink

love your backyard!! I borrowed some of your ideas about 6 months ago when I first saw your photos when I did a google search!!! Ive got the Jungle cruise Crew Mess chalk board, as well as numerous other ideas!!! thanks so much for sharing!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moki and duke
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-28 12:09 am   Permalink

I LOVE it! Great job! I'm afraid to show Duke these pictures... I know he will want to redo the yard!

View Profile of moki and duke Send a personal message to moki and duke  Email moki and duke Goto the website of moki and duke     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 1:59 pm   Permalink

Its like walking through Adventureland ca 1970s, but with modern day Indiana Jones ride installed! Great job man. I'd might even be tempted to throw down artificial turf(longblade type, not astroturf) around the pool walkway area and install thin stepping stone type tiles just to up the ante of the "Jungle" feel. In any case, it looks amazing! thanks for sharing your slice of paradise with us!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-08 3:35 pm   Permalink

I love the "We buy the Rare and Exotic " sign straight out of Adventureland....
I'm a huge Disneyland fan having worked there during college and Raiders is my Favorite movie......So needless to say. Love the backyard

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blindy the pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-18 2:19 pm   Permalink

Very cool area. Working from the same influences as you. Between Adventureland and the Polynesian Resort, it has guided me to carve and style my surroundings to a certain flavor.

I dig what you have done with that space and hope to one day equal the awesomeness you got going on.

TURNING OUT HALF-ASSED CRAP SINCE 2005

View Profile of blindy the pirate Send a personal message to blindy the pirate  Email blindy the pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2011-10-18 2:39 pm   Permalink

Kudos on a very original take on tiki yardscaping!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-18 6:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for the comments. It's not even half way there but I'm glad you all get the picture. There's gonna be some huge changes from some awsome picks I went on and some new builds as well. Keep checking on the progress. Thanks again!!!!!

View Profile of Thruliquidspace Send a personal message to Thruliquidspace  Email Thruliquidspace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-20 5:30 pm   Permalink

Still a work in progress...moved some props around so i can actually access my pool equipment. hahaha. Also I acquired a new wood/steel crank. Cant wait how to utilize this. Id love your opinions, ideas, and suggestions please. Plants definitely are comfortable in there Southern california climate!

View Profile of Thruliquidspace Send a personal message to Thruliquidspace  Email Thruliquidspace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-20 5:53 pm   Permalink

BIRDS, GINGER, BANANNA, TEE PLANTS

THERES DEXTER THE FRENCH "POLYNESIAN" BULLDOG HAHAHA. HE LOVES HIS DIGS

Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-20 17:30, Thruliquidspace wrote:
I acquired a new wood/steel crank. Cant wait how to utilize this. Id love your opinions, ideas, and suggestions please.

If I had such an awesome item as that, I'd build either an old school "Ship/Barge Derrick" crane or a "Scotch Derrick" crane.

Lifts, Hoists and Cranes

Derrick cranes made of wooden beams or mast/yard timbers were a common sight on docks in the square rigged sailing ship days, and there are cargo ships that use some form of them even to this day.

I believe that a derrick crane would be right at home within your yard's theme. Were it I, I'd build one and suspend a cargo net filled with casks and crates (and a Tiki) from it.

Just a suggestion.

Bear

[ This Message was edited by: Brudda Bear 2012-08-20 18:58 ]

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-21 08:19 am   Permalink

Looking GREAT! Keep the pics coming.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation