FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
tiki / pirate / indiana jones backyard
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-21 11:41 am   Permalink

I really like your backyard. That's what I'm trying for. Unfortunately I live in an apartment so my jungle creating is limited.
It's fun to look for all of those props in Southern California, isn't it? Kelly Marine in San Pedro is a good place to find cowl vents if you're looking to add one to your awesome backyard. You can also find heavy duty rope and old fish floats. They probably have some good ideas for your new hand crank. kellymarine.com
While in San Pedro be sure to get a burger at Utro's. That place is filled with plenty of vintage nautical decor to borrow ideas from.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-31 11:35 am   Permalink

I keep going back to your pix for more inspiration!! every once in a while I'll find your photos in a google search. Ive already bought two old timey radios, ammo boxes, trunks and am now on the look out for an od transmitting radio phone and mic!! Love love love your yard my friend and love your little frenchy bull dog too
paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ripper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-02 4:45 pm   Permalink

Would love to see some new pics ! It's awesome !

View Profile of Ripper Send a personal message to Ripper  Email Ripper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thruliquidspace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-10 9:09 pm   Permalink

So for the past 5 years I've been looking for a easy answer to making lights resemble those at disneyland. Specifically adventure land and pirate flickering. I've been through the home made flicker circuit that works but doesn't quite cut it. I finally found something that works. Please check out the following website.
http://www.simflame.com/
Plug and play lighting manipulater that you can dial in. The plug in unit can power 100w total but they have units that have several individual leads. Either way if your looking for real looking candle or generator lighting look no further. Look at my youtube for a example on my sign. Thanks as always.

Click here

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8aNtDE_k4s

View Profile of Thruliquidspace Send a personal message to Thruliquidspace  Email Thruliquidspace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 12:10 am   Permalink

Good to see you posting in your thread again, TLS. Nice job on the lights. What did you decide to do with your awesome windlass?

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 11:04 am   Permalink

OMG that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im saving my pennies for those flickr circuits toooooo cool, thanks for the link, I too have been playing with this to no end!!!!! you've made my day/night lol

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thomamas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-11 4:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-10 21:09, Thruliquidspace wrote:
Plug and play lighting manipulater that you can dial in. The plug in unit can power 100w total but they have units that have several individual leads. Either way if your looking for real looking candle or generator lighting look no further. Look at my youtube for a example on my sign. Thanks as always.

That's really cool, but the way both lights are flickering in unison really freaks me out.

I think that means I need to buy one of the three output units.

View Profile of thomamas Send a personal message to thomamas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-13 04:07 am   Permalink

You've done a fantastic job.

Did you make the signs?

You should add a hidden Lincoln into your mix somewhere.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-13 09:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-10 21:09, Thruliquidspace wrote:
So for the past 5 years I've been looking for a easy answer to making lights resemble those at disneyland. Specifically adventure land and pirate flickering. I've been through the home made flicker circuit that works but doesn't quite cut it. I finally found something that works. Please check out the following website.
http://www.simflame.com/

Click here

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8aNtDE_k4s

The guy that created the firefly lights for Disneyland sells them here:
www.bayoufireflies.com/

The Facebook page: www.facebook.com/#!/BayouFireflies

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-14 5:31 pm   Permalink

How about a Pirate Gang Plank across your deck to run your hose to the pool through...just a thought. Wow...your fauna is outtasite!!! Pretty soon you will have to pass out "E" tickets for those entering your backyard.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation