FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Play my Tiki Hawaiian Exotica etc.. LP's online on my virtual record player
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Play my Tiki Hawaiian Exotica etc.. LP's online on my virtual record player
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-20 08:49 am   Permalink

Just finished posting my Tiki, Hawaiian, Exotics etc.. LP colleciton online. You can actually play these LP's online on my virtual record player. Let me know what you think.
http://www.briancooper.us/tiki_record_player/tiki1/tiki_page_1.html

View Profile of Hauantedhouse5 Send a personal message to Hauantedhouse5  Email Hauantedhouse5 Goto the website of Hauantedhouse5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 09:25 am   Permalink

This is so genius! Mahalo nui loa for taking the time to make this website. The crackling of the albums adds to the coolness factor! Its the record collection i have always wanted but never assembled.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-20 12:48 pm   Permalink

Your Welcome!

View Profile of Hauantedhouse5 Send a personal message to Hauantedhouse5  Email Hauantedhouse5 Goto the website of Hauantedhouse5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 12:57 pm   Permalink

That is fantastic! I love the interface, with all the great album covers and the spinning turntable! Never seen anything like it - it's brilliant. I also love that you can skip through tracks.

I have a fair bit of vinyl myself - some of the same ones as in your collection, but not nearly as many. I foresee many hours checking out some of those albums!

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: hibiscus 2010-12-20 13:42 ]

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 1:00 pm   Permalink

WOW!!!!

Nice design job on the website.

I love how you can chose a record, it pops out and then plays on the turntable!!

A LOT of work went into this. Thanks!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-20 6:36 pm   Permalink

WOW is right...what an awesome website. Beautiful and so unique. ACES!!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 7:09 pm   Permalink

Im floored! Thats fricken awesome!!
Can you make me one of those for my Android?

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2010-12-20 19:14 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-20 19:09, kirby wrote:
Can you make me one of those for my (edit)Iphone?

What Kirby said!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fez monkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 10:11 pm   Permalink

Absolutely marvelous!

Now I can sample different albums to find some new favorites so that I can then go on the search for the elusive originals.
My wallet is not going to like this but my ears will love it.

Thanks much for the contribution to the tiki subculture.

- fm

[ This Message was edited by: fez monkey 2010-12-20 22:11 ]

View Profile of fez monkey Send a personal message to fez monkey  Email fez monkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-20 10:19 pm   Permalink

Excellent website Hauntedhouse5. I really love how that record player works and especially love how you hear the record spinning when you hit pause. Genius touch there. I'm trying not to look @ it too much because I'm loving it even more, and that can't possibly be healthy.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-21 04:56 am   Permalink

Wow, Thanks for all your kind words!
I must admit, I didn't create this player from scratch, I modified an excising flash template, and "Tikifide" it along with some editing to the XML file and the graphic interface. The most time consuming part of this project is finding the time to record each LP. I hope to add at least 2 albums per week. I'm glad you guys enjoy this. I love being able play my records from any computer when ever the mood strikes me

Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-21 05:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-20 19:09, kirby wrote:
Can you make me one of those for my Android?

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2010-12-20 19:14 ]

I'm not sure if Android supports flash or not. I would have to check into that. You can PM me if this something your looking to do.

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 07:56 am   Permalink

The site does actually does work on my phone{Its a G2)wow! It loads slow and skips when playing, so its probably just to much awesomeness to handle,a slimmed down version would probly work great.

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
senioraqua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 08:49 am   Permalink

Very nice indeed - Mahalo.

View Profile of senioraqua Send a personal message to senioraqua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitonga
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-22 12:11 pm   Permalink

This is beyond brilliant. Fantastic job and MAHALO!

View Profile of tikitonga Send a personal message to tikitonga  Email tikitonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation