FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Beachbumz Tikis, Troffs, Shots and Tings From Maui - Couple new one's I finally finished.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beachbumz Tikis, Troffs, Shots and Tings From Maui - Couple new one's I finally finished.
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-12-21 10:59 am   Permalink

Just thought I post some pictures of some of the things I've made since I started getting my hands wet in the clay..
Much Mahalo's to all the people here on TC that have shared there experience on this forum and helped me do what I do..

My very first tiki mug design I called "LoLo"

Candle sculpt

First mold I've ever made..

First few "LoLo's out of mold

First finished mugs..

A pendant design I made for Oasis

A shot glass I designed

Here is some pictures of the Bowls....

And Tiki Troff's I put together..

Check Out Da Website...
www.beachbumz.com

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2012-08-07 17:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2012-10-12 01:45 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-21 1:08 pm   Permalink

Those triangular Marquesan bowls are bad-ass!!! I want one!! Are you selling these?

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-21 1:09 pm   Permalink

BeachBumz you have been BUSY!!!

So much cool stuff! Nice sculpts, successful mold, great post-molding textures, and some BEAUTIFUL glazes. I love the blue/green glazes on the trianle bowl and the tiki trolls. Nice looking lava texture on the troll bowl too - what is the intended purpose for the oblong tiki troll bowl. Looks like it would make a nice business card holder

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 7:02 pm   Permalink

Nice work BeachBumz. Love a lot of the glazes you have used on most of them.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 7:32 pm   Permalink

WOW! WOW! WOW! on those bowls!!!!!

Nice glaze work!!! and lover the rough/lava look to the trough, too. They look great!

& I love my shot glass that picked-up in Maui last month, too - very nice

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 10:50 pm   Permalink

Fabulous work BeachBumz !

Aloha from LoLo

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2010-12-21 11:55 pm   Permalink

Mahalo's Trader Tom, I'd love to make more of these bowls and If I do I'll let you know.. Since these were my first each one has probably about 10 hours of work over a few day period... I hope to be able to make more but hopefully a little quicker.

MadDogMike, Mahalo's too braddah, I just wanted to make something a little different and I really wanted to use a lava rock as a bowl, the form for the mold I used was oblong and it just came out this way. To me it looked like a cow "trough", so was born the "Tiki Troff".. Hummm, I think a mai tai is in order in the troff tonight..

Mahalo swizzle, I really have been lucky and thanks to Rob for doing all those great tiki pendants that have been great for glaze testing...

Caroline that was the look I was going after, lava rock, It came out better than expected.. It was great meeting you at the shop too, I;m glad your enjoying the shot, Thankx

Rene, I'm glad you got my first mug I've ever made, Hopefully someday I can come to Switzerland a visit LoLo..

Aloha

Check Out Da Website...
www.beachbumz.com

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2010-12-22 00:10 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 12:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

Rene, I'm glad you got my first mug I've ever made, Hopefully someday I can come to Switzerland a visit LoLo..

Scott,
you are welcome anytime.

[ This Message was edited by: HelveTiki 2010-12-22 05:18 ]

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 10:53 am   Permalink

I am absolutely Gobsmacked by these cool mugs!
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 9:58 pm   Permalink

Great sculpting!

Beauties!

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-22 10:04 pm   Permalink

Those triangle bowls are AWESOME!! I want one too!

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-26 11:52 am   Permalink

Awesome Tiki Troughs!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 1:26 pm   Permalink

Really very nice designs beachbumz.

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-24 7:52 pm   Permalink

Come on Beachbumz, let's see that new design!

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-01-24 10:50 pm   Permalink

Mahalo's Ken, mymotiki!

Ok MauiTiki...
Been working on this one actually for a few months on and off but finally got around to finishing him and pouring a mold.

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2011-01-26 02:27 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation