FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Beachbumz Tiki's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Beachbumz Tiki's
DejaVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-18 12:24 pm   Permalink

I am in awe of the incredible details you sculpt into these mugs! I especially love the elongated tiki bowl/trough! Your glazes are also eye-popping! Where can I buy one of your expert creations?! I must have one!

View Profile of DejaVoodoo Send a personal message to DejaVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-02-19 12:10 am   Permalink

Mahalo's DejaVoodoo! Your positive comments are one of the reasons I like to do this.. I'm learning lot's as I go, hopefully someday I'll have it all down better.. Glazing is the best because you never really now what it's going to look like on each piece..
I pm'd you too..
Aloha

Check Out Da Website...
www.beachbumz.com

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2011-02-19 00:11 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-02 08:13 am   Permalink

I want one of your bowls and a Maui Tiki bowl, don't forget us, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-02 09:52 am   Permalink

Me, too!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-03-02 11:12 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna get right on it...
I'm in the process of making a new mold as the old one just had way to much clean up time after pulling it out.. I'll keep you two posted when I have them ready.. I wish I had a 30 hour day sometimes...

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-03 07:22 am   Permalink

Very very nice! Put me down as well!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-03-10 6:48 pm   Permalink

Mahalo's Loki-Tiki! I'll let you know.

So I was able to get five more finished and fired this week.. I went out and bought new HPLV spray gun to apply the glazes and it worked really well.. So much quicker and easier to use...

Here's the four Tongo's I was able to finish...

I just had to use the green inside that one..

I made a Tiki Troff in this blue and really liked the color so I tried it on Tongo, also made a neon marquesan design that was originally made for a bowl that didn't work out.

OK... Back to work... aloha

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 8:05 pm   Permalink

Your mugs came out really nice...Watch out Munktiki, Scott has got it down!

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 09:42 am   Permalink

Got your note on MauiTiki's thread, I like to see your threads next to each other so I can look with ease at your works, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 10:59 am   Permalink

These are swell!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-03-12 11:29 pm   Permalink

I'm sure Paul and Miles aren't loosing any sleep Rob.. Remember that mold of there's we saw at the Freaky Boutiki??.. WOW.. maybe someday we can get them down ly dat..

Wendy, I guess we kinda do post often about the same time since were using the same kiln..
Rob usually gets mad when I post first though..

Hank, mahalo's brada.. Love the shop, stopped by when Rob and I were there for Oasis last year, hope to come out again soon.. Oasis 11... hummmm.

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2011-03-12 23:29 ]

Lente
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-13 07:00 am   Permalink

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but your Tiki Troff piece is awesome. It's cool to see something new and original, and it also looks quite primitive and foreign. Well done.

View Profile of Lente Send a personal message to Lente      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-20 5:49 pm   Permalink

Cool mugs man. I like how you interpreted the Tongan version of a Hawaiian tiki. It looks like a souvenir from a wood carver and it holds your favorite drink. Too cool.

I must have one and a green shot glass as well.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-03-21 7:38 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Lente, I was going for something different, It holds my first mai tai just perfect but after two I switch to a regular mug..

AlienTiki, Brada, you got it! I've been working in this outdoor market here on Maui for 22 years and 13 of them was next to this very cool Tongan tiki carver that carved tiki's similar to Tongo.. I think a lot of his style rubbed off on me over the years.. I have a Tongo up on Ebay now in case your interested and also 100% of profits are going to Japan tsunami relief as well.. Checkout the link in the market place section..
Aloha

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2011-03-21 19:38 ]

TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-21 8:01 pm   Permalink

Cool details and finish on the Tonga mugs (on top of the great sculpt!).. Also very cool to donate to the relief fund..

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation