FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Room 40th Anniversary - Monday, June 23rd
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Room 40th Anniversary - Monday, June 23rd
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 7:04 pm   Permalink

Monday, June 23rd at the Tiki Room, Disneyland California
meet at 3PM for the first rendesvous
meet at 4PM for another rendesvous
meet at 5PM for another rendesvous
meet at 6PM for the official group photo rendesvous
meet at Plaza Inn to sing happy birthday to the tiki room at 7PM

---------------------
EDITED AND ADDED:
Looks like most folks are going Monday - Here's the RSVP list here:
Trader Pup
Kevin and Jody
Futura Girl
Familia Bong (Sunday)
Tiki Riviera
PoohBunnies Hutch
Sabu
Mr. and Mrs. Larry Lava
Dr. Z and Z Girl
trustar
king kuke
Atomic Cocktail

Anybody else playing "hookie"lau?

[ This Message was edited by: Futura Girl on 2003-06-22 23:51 ]

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 8:58 pm   Permalink

I'll be there on Monday!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 10:10 pm   Permalink

Is this in California or Florida or both??

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 10:35 pm   Permalink

I am assuming this is for the Disney Tiki Room. I have been trying to check this out and can't really find any info?
what's the dillio?

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 02:08 am   Permalink

It's for the 40th Anniversary at Disneyland, CA - Florida didn't even open until many years later...
D-land isn't doing anything official to commemorate it, so Kevin Kidney put together a flyer that was circulated at Tiki Oasis reminding everyone to go on the 23rd.
We might go on Sunday instead though - due to work scheduling...

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-21 09:14 am   Permalink

Family Bong would be into the Sunday outing.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 1:21 pm   Permalink

Off topic: I hate to correct people's posts (since I have horrible grammar and spelling) but the term is "dilly, yo", not "dillio" or "dealio" as most people I've met think it is (As is "What's the dilly, yo?"), although it does amount to meaning "deal".

It's been around for 10 years at least in the ghettos, and has been slowly bubbling up into pop culture over the last few years.

Sorry, I just had to offer that up.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 2:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Hanford, I was wondering why people were talking cryptically about armadillios.

--Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 2:53 pm   Permalink

Ugh, I'd love to be there....but living 400 miles away and having to work long hours means I won't be there.

I guess my celebration was last fall when we all went there and Maynard was workin' it!! What fun that was!!

Have fun celebrating the awesome Tiki Room anniversary- I'll be there in spirit!

...and I hope they put out that Tiki Room tiki mug soon- it's VERY cool!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 6:13 pm   Permalink

I will definately be there as June 23rd is my birthday. My wife and I are going to visit the Tiki Room then dine in club 33.
What a birthday!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-22 09:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-21 13:21, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Off topic: I hate to correct people's posts (since I have horrible grammar and spelling) but the term is "dilly, yo", not "dillio" or "dealio" as most people I've met think it is (As is "What's the dilly, yo?"), although it does amount to meaning "deal".

It's been around for 10 years at least in the ghettos, and has been slowly bubbling up into pop culture over the last few years.

Sorry, I just had to offer that up.

Hanford Lemoore: Straight G from tha mutha fuckin' streets. Mountain Vizziew is representin'.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PoohBunniesHutch

Posted: 2003-05-28 1:21 pm   Permalink

Lets have a big B-day Party!!!!! We can make a card, wear B-day buttons, wear hawaiian shirts and have din din at the Plaza Inn! I'll even buy the cake. We can start early Monday and never leave the Grand Dame alone- I suggesteed this on LP-not knowing about Tiki Central-so let me know if I am out of line....

View Profile of PoohBunniesHutch Send a personal message to PoohBunniesHutch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 1:31 pm   Permalink

Wow! You'll even buy cake? Coooool!

Ummm....who are you?...and Welcome to Tiki Central!

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PoohBunniesHutch

Posted: 2003-05-28 4:24 pm   Permalink

I'm PoohBunny and my husbunny and our friend Laura will be there all day! And, if you all can get a head count and we can all agree to eat at Plaza Inn around 7 ish, then I will have them make a B-day cake for Tiki's B-day. If Cynthia Harris doesn't respect our grand old dame (figures, there's not much merchandising for her now that the Tahitian Terrace is closed) then we will show her how much we love our beloved Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

View Profile of PoohBunniesHutch Send a personal message to PoohBunniesHutch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-29 11:01 pm   Permalink

My Socal Annual pass blocks me for most of June otherwise I would be there. My pass expires in October. Maybe I could organize another day after the busy season.

My wife and kids were just there today (while I was at work). My 2 and 4 year old came home singing "Lets all sing like the birdies sing... Tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet."

Man was I jealous.

Monkeyman

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon, in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room. (Disneyland)

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-05-29 23:04 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation