Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Watusi Zombie Room
Watusi Zombie Room
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-26 12:11 pm   Permalink

This is my home Tiki bar in Huntington Beach. The name comes from a song that my uncle Jan Davis made back in the 60's. My dad played drums on the track as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JFh0r6Z96k
The bar itself is vintage and belonged to my Grandparents. I modified it by puttin the Tiki head and shield on the front and rigged it with a smoke machine so it blows moke out of the mouth. I also made the Bamboo lights hanging above it.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-26 12:23 pm   Permalink

Of course you gotta have a leopard skin pool table too.

...and a tiki Christmas tree.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-26 1:57 pm   Permalink

I LOVE the name and you have done a great job!!! Did you put the leopard skin trim on the pool table yourself...that looks cool. Your bamboo lights turned out well too.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-26 6:01 pm   Permalink

Jan Davis......like Jan & Dean? Cool. Really dig that tiki lounge sign there in the corner. Did you make that too?

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-27 12:40 pm   Permalink

Hey TikiTortured!

Those super-cool bamboo lights look just like the ones I bought from a super-cool couple in the parking lot of Home Depot about 6 years ago. Was dat you?

Your bar is awesome, btw!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-28 06:58 am   Permalink

Yes, that was me Tiki Lee, thanks for that!
And Liltikichef... my Uncle Jan was not from Jan and Dean, he was THIS legendary Jan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JFh0r6Z96k&feature=related
And I didn't make the Tiki light in the corner. Can't remember where I bought that.

faztiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-28 11:43 pm   Permalink

great room! Those hanging lights are cool, I'd love to see how they look when theyre lit up. post a night picture if you get a chance.
I'm listening to your uncle right now. man i love this forum, always something new.

View Profile of faztiki Send a personal message to faztiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation