Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Myers Gold rum
Myers Gold rum
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-27 11:29 am   Permalink

has anyone tried this? I saw it for the first time the other day, but neglected to pick it up. To date, I hve only seen the typical myers dark rum. This rum was a very light gold color & I wondered how it stacks up against its jamaican gold counterparts, specifically Appleton V/X.

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-28 1:45 pm   Permalink

We started seeing this on the shelf here in New Hampshire almost a year ago and I would say it compares well to Appleton Special Gold. Have not compared to head to head with the V/X but I'll try that when I get home.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rangda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-28 2:27 pm   Permalink

It's not bad, but I prefer Appleton V/X for a gold Jamaican. The V/X has a bit more going on flavor wise. If you can get it substantially cheaper than V/X then you could make a case for keeping it around but here in MA I can get V/X for $10 a bottle so it's substantially more.

View Profile of rangda Send a personal message to rangda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation