Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Shaker tin for TV Mai Tai glasses
Shaker tin for TV Mai Tai glasses
jeremyseattle

Posted: 2010-12-27 3:52 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to receive a set of TV Mai Tai glasses for Christmas. Awesome. I wanted them but didn't really want to spend the $$ so it was a great gift.

As many people probably know, the glasses are a little bit too wide to fit in a standard Boston shaker tin.

TV sells a large tin for $75 but I'm not keen on spending that $$$.

I tried a malt cup (stainless steel cup for a milkshake machine). It is wide enough but the indented lines on the side are too close to the top of the cup and they prevent a tight seal with the TV glass.

My Boston shaker tin is 3 5/8" wide. It looks like I need something between 3 3/4" and 4" across.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I can continue to build my drink in my shaker and pint glass and then pout it into the TV glass but I like the idea of using the TV glass in my shaker - as intended.

Thanks!

-Jeremy

View Profile of jeremyseattle Send a personal message to jeremyseattle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-27 6:22 pm   Permalink

I happened to find a Boston at a thrift store that was big enough - they are out there, but I can't say I have a source.

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jeremyseattle

Posted: 2010-12-27 9:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks Chris!

I'll keep searching.

Any manufacturer names on your tin?

-Jeremy

View Profile of jeremyseattle Send a personal message to jeremyseattle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-28 1:54 pm   Permalink

The "Mako Shaker" is large enough. It is a 29oz shaker with a flared top designed to be used with a full size Boston Shaker tin to mix larger drinks (I use it for Scorpion Bowls and such).

I just tried a Vic's glass in it. Fits fine, gets a seal.

Available here for about $6.

http://www.stockthebar.com/

You'll find lots of other good stuff there for cheap, I use them to get cheater tins, straws and other stuff for my home bar. Shipping is prompt, customer service is good.

Cheers.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jeremyseattle

Posted: 2010-12-28 9:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks Thumper,

I'll pick one up!

-Jeremy

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation