FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carvings by Pwest71...Second tiki in progress...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Carvings by Pwest71...Second tiki in progress...
pwest71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-01 04:47 am   Permalink

Grand Poobah, Shrunkentiki and McTiki,

Thanks for the comments, I'm hoping the tiki I started last night will be better yet, it'll be a little larger at about 12" tall, and I should be able to upload some photos tomorrow, didn't take time last night to get any...Didn't get real far on it, working with X-acto knives again, really need to get some tiny chisels...

Mahalo!!

PW

View Profile of pwest71 Send a personal message to pwest71      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pwest71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-17 11:30 am   Permalink

Hello,

Long time, no see...I've been slowly working on some tikis, the one here I've been on for about a year, started out with X-Acto knives, then switched to some Flexcut knives, then the best switch after talking to Benzart, to a Warren Cutlery handle and hook blade...I don't get alot of time to work on carving, so this has been slow, but it's going well, this one is from Pine, a funky branch from a tree we cut down in our yard, curves several directions, which I tried to incorporate into the design...Modeled after a tiki at Pu'uhonua O Honaunau...Hope you like it...Approximately 16-18 inches tall, 1.5 inches wide...

Aloha,

Paul

[ This Message was edited by: pwest71 2013-09-17 12:54 ]

View Profile of pwest71 Send a personal message to pwest71      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-17 3:36 pm   Permalink

nice!

that looks great bro...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pwest71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-18 06:54 am   Permalink

Thanks Jeff...Hopefully I'll finish it sometime in the next few months...I have a few other things going too though, so I jump back and forth between them all when I get time...

Paul

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation