FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts You know? This may take off (at least I hope so)
You know? This may take off (at least I hope so)
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-31 3:45 pm   Permalink

I was shopping for our yearly Calendar Purchase and found zip for anything remotely Tiki.

How about a Tiki central Calendar? A conglomeration of our artists in Calendar quality photos regardless of media type.

Just throwing chicken bones in hopes for next year's calendar hunt.

Mahalo!

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-01 10:49 am   Permalink

wife got me the Forbidden Island calander for x-mas. We live about 4-5hrs away so she mail ordered it from the lulu.com. just a thought.

t.c. calander could be interesting

[ This Message was edited by: ka'lenatiki 2011-01-01 10:50 ]

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2011-01-01 11:27 am   Permalink

Would love if your suggestion became reality. I made myself a Snapfish calendar of cocktails to start out the year.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-01 11:37 am   Permalink

Sounds fun, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-01 12:20 pm   Permalink

There are several calendars available including the
WeekiWachi Mermaids
Forbidden Island
Frankie's Tiki Room had one last year but I don't see a new one.

As far as making your own, I'm sure there are enough pics floating around to make a "Beefcake Buzz" calendar

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-01 12:39 pm   Permalink

Rumour has it that Brad Parker/TikiShark
may have a calendar in the works......

much more attractive than one of them awful Buzzy calendars.....

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-01 2:02 pm   Permalink

I do like the idea of a calendar of 12 artists' work

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-02 09:04 am   Permalink

A basic calendar with artwork would be pretty easy to pull off, especially if it was just set up so folks could download and print at home (or work as often seems to be the case).

What would be extra swell is having Tiki related dates on the calendar. Since we're now at the start of the year gathering date specific Tiki history could be helped along by a This Date In Tiki History thread in the General forum where date specific Tiki factoids could be posted as people discovered them. The starting post could be used to maintain the facts in a January to December time line so picking through them for dates to include on the calendar would be pretty easy.

That said, a Beefcake Buzz calendar would provide that creepy or sleazy vibe some people like their Tiki environments to have.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-02 10:08 am   Permalink

This sounds really interesting!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-02 10:35 am   Permalink

Swanky's 2008 Tiki Daze calendar was great and it had some This Date In Tiki History information. I wish it would have been successful enough to continue.

I think 12 different artists working together to split the costs and possible profits could be done and would a risk worth taking at least to get your names out there a little more or maybe a 16 month calendar with 16 artists? Starting this August so we don't have to wait so long.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation