FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Poolside Luau/Premiere of East Indies Room!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Poolside Luau/Premiere of East Indies Room!
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-20 09:08 am   Permalink

Mrs. Pug & I can't wait to see all of your hard work. Momma Pug, Auntie Pug, and Cousin Pug will be tagging along.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-21 12:19 am   Permalink

TPup,
I'll be there after the festival. I'll be dragging along miss suki suki and 2 tiki virgins.

I need help carrying my garnish.

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-21 11:20 pm   Permalink

Pup, nursing wounds of dad's stroke the other day and a good friend/family business partner's simultaneous death, so I won't be there on video as I had planned but I'll send you a housewarming gift in a bit.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-22 12:41 am   Permalink

Add 2 more to your RSVP list. Mrs. ModMana and I will be there and are looking forward to the spectacular premier!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-23 09:00 am   Permalink

See y'all tonight!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-23 6:51 pm   Permalink

Trader Pup,

With much regret I cannot make it this evening. It is wonderful I'm sure and I hope to see it someday soon and meet the hoity toitys. I've had to delay my trip to next weekend.

Waaaah!!!!

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-24 08:31 am   Permalink

TP's pad is "cooooooool". The bar/room passed the test. The pool, fog , food ... it goes on and on. Mucho Mahalos for having us TP!!!
the Bambooooooos

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-24 10:10 pm   Permalink

For a second I thought I was at a Disney feature or something. Tpups home bar is too cool! I could have stayed all night just relaxing poolside. Good to see you Tpup.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 09:45 am   Permalink

Thanks for having us over Pup. Your Spectacular East Indies Room is a sight to behold. It is clear that you put tons of effort into it. Your food and beverage were top notch.

Good to see all the Southern Cal Tiki Folks again.

3 weekends in a row..... I am worn out.

I am now entering a rum blackout period

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-08-25 09:46 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 10:33 am   Permalink

Pup Put together a Poly-Popery with Perfect Pan ash and Pizzazz!!!
Pup gets Five Tiki Rating !!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 10:45 am   Permalink

It is monday morning, and I am still fishing mai tai cups and champagne corks from the pool skimmer!

Thank you to all who helped make the premier of the Spectacular East Indies Room a memorable evening!

Congratulations to the contest participants & winners! Alnshely won the trivia contest, taking home an autographed Martin Denny album; Iuka Grogg took top honors with his inspirational Mai-Taiku, earning him a nice Coco Joes wall plaque (BOT, p. 187, lower right). The outrageous cocktail garnish event really showed off some bizarre creativity: MTKahuna with the cool beach hut party swizzle; Laney and her shrunken head garnish, complete with shrunken fruit, eyeballs, floating dead babies, and bubbling fog (someone hire Laney to decorate for a baby shower!); and Atomic Cocktail, who had Vintage Girl daintily perched on the edge of a Tiki mug (literally!). They all earned Tiki drink vessels, and bottles of TV rum!

Mrs. Sugarcaddydaddy brought an amazing cake to commemorate the event, featuring the SEIR logo! Thanks much! And thanks to all for the bar warming goodies.... the rum reserves are now well fortified....

The hit drink of the evening was the Typhoon... which, unfortunately, has not yet made it into the ranks of the Grog Log or Intoxica!.... but look for it.... different and tasty!

There were lots of flash bulbs popping, hopefully we'll get to see some pics soon!

Mahalo!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-08-25 10:52 am   Permalink

Glad to hear a good time was had by one and all. I was drafted to spend weekend at D-land and the D-land hotel. There was a big Goth gathering there which made it interesting, but not as much as the East Indies Room I'm sure.

I want to see some pictures! Al, Al!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 1:14 pm   Permalink

Twas a fine evening, indeed. The Spectacular East Indies Room is a joy to behold. Even the switchplates were tapified. There were many interesting carvings - there was even a (anti)rape god hanging on the ceiling. The mixology was brilliant and the SEIR staff kept the trays stocked with fresh, warm, tasty noshes. I especially loved the lava rock-y poolside waterfall, replete with treasure chest. Thank you to the Pup Team for all of your effort - just to please us tikis. I held up my initial post until this morning, when I hoped to get some pix up; unfortunately I didn't bring the proper cable with me today and dagnabbit, I needed that in order to download the photos! I will get some up tomorrow.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 3:02 pm   Permalink

TraderPup!

Thanks for a great party! What a fine house indeed! The SEIR is a great piece of work! The only thing I forgot to find out was....HOW DID THE BACK OF THE WHITE DOOR LOOK??

Great bartending, great drinks! Did someone get a shot of Pup's popular drink "The Typhoon"? The presentation was classic!

Judd, I want a Mai Tai-ku rematch! I was robbed!

Thanks TraderPup!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 3:39 pm   Permalink

TPup,
Thanks for a wonderful shindig. The end of the evening is somewhat of a blur... I hope that I didn't talk anyone into a coma!!!

The place looked great and the food was muy delicioso. The art was fantastic &
to quote Crazy Al, "you have one of the largest cock collections that I have ever seen".

Cheerz

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation