FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Poolside Luau/Premiere of East Indies Room!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Poolside Luau/Premiere of East Indies Room!
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 3:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-25 15:39, MTKahuna wrote:
The art was fantastic &
to quote Crazy Al, "you have one of the largest cock collections that I have ever seen".

That's right! Those cocks were all over the kitchen!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 5:57 pm   Permalink

What a superb evening! I'm glad there was so much blue mood lighting so you all couldn't see that I was green with envy. That Spectacular East Indies Room is just that... spectacular! Thanks, Trader Pup for inviting us all in and feeding us such delicious and copius amounts of food and drink. Fun games, too! I've got some photos that I sent to Trader Pup, so if we don't see 'em soon, I'll post 'em myself. Aloha!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 6:34 pm   Permalink

I liked the deceiving modest exterior of your home and then BAM! You are transported to a tropical paradise! The palms, the tikis, the shells, the lights, the fog, the waterfall and ooohhh...I wanted to pack off with some of booty in the treasure chest!

Sooooo many cools and interesting things to see everywhere! Your home was a visual cornucopia!

The East Indies room was truly spectacular. A visual feast! I especially liked the App-A-Tiki. The spread was great and the drinks delicious. (Very, very interesting use of Spam.) Okay, okay, I can go on and on...but many, many accolades to our fine hosts!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 6:52 pm   Permalink

Thank you, Pup for a fine evening of cocktails, chow and entertainment. You've done a great job on the Spectacular East Indies Room. And that lava rock waterfall, just fantastic.

Lady Velour now has cock envy after being in your kitchen!

J.&L.V.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 11:12 pm   Permalink

Traderpup, thanks for a great party and the chance to see your exquisite new East Indies Room. Here's the first pics, including the massive cock collection:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32806a4a47f

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 11:19 pm   Permalink

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask:

Everyone seemed to REALLY have a great time at the party, but....who were the three ladies all decked out in their best aloha dresses just sitting quietly with long faces inside the house by themselves....watching back to back episodes of Cosby!?!?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-25 11:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-25 15:39, MTKahuna wrote:
I hope that I didn't talk anyone into a coma!!!

Me too! That's what happens to me too! I always tell Cory to make me drink water and tell me to shut up! I think he forgets?

Well, TP, to say what everyone felt, THANKS! Your place was beautiful, drinks were perfect and potent. Although I don't do gin, the garnish on those Typhoons was so creative! Speaking of creative, where were all the drink garnishes? I know I already busted balls, but Monkeyman (I expected big things from you) and all you carvers could have scrounged up something? Sorry Atomic, you can't take credit for God's work on that garnish! Oh, well, I won! Thanks so much for the prize, TP. I don't have any bowls and don't buy new mugs (I've gotten some as gifts and do buy some repros but there are just too many out there!) so it will hold a special place in my collection with many memories.

It was the perfect ending to the best day. First the Tiki Fest, then we went to the LB Aquarium so my son could pet some sharks and I could have a beer, then off to one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Rus' (a small Russian cafe) for Borsch and stuffed cabbage yummmmmmmmmmmmm! TP, you're so close you should try it some time. Home to change, prepare my garnish and off to a great party! I finally got to meet some new TCers-such a group!
Thanks again, Laney

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 12:10 am   Permalink

Laney,

Sorry I dissappointed on the contest participation. Hopefully I can make up for it when all of my current projects are done.

I have been carving every night, editing 2 videos, completing a new piece of furniture, learning how to make drapes, and drawing up plans for my Halloween shindig.

I will hone my Jedi skills for the next party contest.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 10:22 am   Permalink

Laney:
I can talk shark story forever. Yeah... What happened to all the other garnishes?

Vintage girl: Thanks again for remembering to take pictures. Atomic, I owe you a hat.

Floratina: I have a vauge recollection of brick size cell phones, hand cranked copiers, & Pee Wee Herman's robot???

SCD: I think that the 3 women were tikipugs familia. Good Cosby episodes? Damn!! and I forgot to set my VCR.

TPup, Thanks again for opening your home to us. Your casa is truely amazing.

It's always nice to see & meet the SoCal Hoitis Toitis.

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 12:57 pm   Permalink

Vintage Girl luxuriates next to the waterfall:

Zoom in on that treasure chest, very clever:

The lovely scene that awaited us at nightfall:

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-08-26 13:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-08-26 13:14 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 4:03 pm   Permalink

"Luxuriates"/ Tina that's so Bobby Trendy!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 5:07 pm   Permalink

here's a couple photos of the contests forwarded by Iuka Grogg:

garnish winners MTKahuna, Laney, Vintage girl, Atomic Cocktail

A couple award winning garnishes by Laney, MTKahuna

Wierduncletiki accepting his MaiTaiku award

Still no photos of the Spectacular East Indies Room itself?

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 7:21 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, Pup for a great time on Saturday.

Your East Indies Room is awe inspiring and your home is to die for!

We really enjoyed your fabulous party and pad.

Your hospitality and generosity is greatly appreciated.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 8:39 pm   Permalink

Wow,
That shot of Vintage Girl in the pool; it could be a liquor ad, right out of a 1950's magazine. That's a great modern retro shot.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 9:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Trader Pup for your spectacular hosting of a spectacular party to show off your spectacular new tiki room! We had a truly spectacular time! I like that "Spectacular" is part of the room's name...and, of course, it lives up to it's name. Spectacular!!!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation