Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » new acquisitions
new acquisitions
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-08 11:36 pm   Permalink

Whooohoooooo!!! Finally got a hold of some falernum and pimento liqueur. Any good drink combinations involving these not listed in the Bum's books (or even if they are, ones that are worth trying out first)?

[ This Message was edited by: ErkNoLikeFire 2011-01-09 00:09 ]

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-10 3:34 pm   Permalink

No opinions or recommendations for a little alcohol alchemy?

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-11 06:44 am   Permalink

You must have gotten an outside supply. I didn't think we could either one here in the mitten state. I know all of the Bum's books have some good cocktails for both and the Grogalizer is a big help also. Stay warm.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-11 07:22 am   Permalink

I like adding Rum Cream (preferably El Dorado, but Cruzan works, as well), for a Winter holiday-style sipper, along the lines of eggnog.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-11 10:44 am   Permalink

Nothing fancy but try splashing either one of those in a Cuba Libre (rum and coke). Use Mexican Coke though...real sugar.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maitai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-11 5:33 pm   Permalink

I made a Bermuda Swizzle with Falernum and it was great. 1oz Gosling's Black Seal rum, 1oz gold rum, 1 3/4oz pineapple juice, 1 3/4oz orange juice, 1/2oz falernum (I used Fee Brothers) 2 dashes Angostura bitters. Shake with crushed ice.

View Profile of Maitai Mike Send a personal message to Maitai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-12 02:57 am   Permalink

Thank you, I'll give these a shot! If your interested, I ordered them from DrinkUpNY.com.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 01:06 am   Permalink

Try some pimento in (1/4 oz) in a navy grog,I got some of this from my friend kon hemsby on here (thanks Simon!)

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-16 06:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-12 02:57, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:
Thank you, I'll give these a shot! If your interested, I ordered them from DrinkUpNY.com.

Thanks for the heads up on the website. How was the shipping cost to here in MI if you don't mind me asking? And thanks again!

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-17 6:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-11 07:22, Haole'akamai wrote:
I like adding Rum Cream (preferably El Dorado, but Cruzan works, as well), for a Winter holiday-style sipper, along the lines of eggnog.

Me too!!! Rum is always my favorite.

View Profile of Polly Send a personal message to Polly  Goto the website of Polly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation