FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Weekender at the Atlanta Trader Vic's Feb 18-20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Weekender at the Atlanta Trader Vic's Feb 18-20
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 12:49 pm   Permalink

There's a great liquor store in Atlanta with a wide selection of fine rums and other spirits that you all should go to. I can't remember the name of the place though. Christie, what's the name of that place where we all loaded up?

And go to the Silver Skillet for breakfast or lunch:

and get the Lemon Ice Box pie. THE BEST pie I have ever eaten!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 4:21 pm   Permalink

If you go shopping at Junkmans Daughter please stop in at The Vortex...its the place where you walk through the huge skull mouth to go eat and drink. I used to spend half the year in Atlanta and I miss little 5 points so much. Also Derek Yaniger lives in Atlanta. You may want to send him a message to his facebook page and invite him to meet you all at Vics.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 4:33 pm   Permalink

It would be the coolest if Derek joined us. I promise to try not to act star struck and ask for his autograph lol

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 6:56 pm   Permalink

Man, every time I check this thread I end up mad thirsty and hungry.

Solid suggestions all around. I really love Derek's work (especially his illustrations and event mugs) and had no idea he is in the Atlanta area. Just shot him out an invite and link to the info here at TC.

Mahalo!
We're countin' down the days until we get to hang with you and the Spirit(s) of Vic Bergeron.

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 7:08 pm   Permalink

damn, PIE!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-17 07:53 am   Permalink

Just remembered... the liquor store is Mac's Beer and Wine Midtown Liquor. 21 Peachtree Place.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
papalennonatl

Posted: 2011-01-18 5:39 pm   Permalink

New member Papa from Atlanta here. Green's Liqour on Ponce de leon has the best liqour selections in town, and it is on the way from the Hilton to the Vortex, which by the way has the best hamburger in town but is strictly a 21+ establishment.

View Profile of papalennonatl Send a personal message to papalennonatl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 5:55 pm   Permalink

A great burger and a decent liquor store are always welcome tips.

Will you be swinging by Vic's on Friday or Saturday Papa?

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 6:41 pm   Permalink

I would have to agree with Papa that Green's is fantastic!!

And I have tried to take everyone I can to the Silver Skillet. There are pictures on my flickr account of great eats there. Rob, you gave me a bite of that pie too! There biscuits are to die for and the original boomerang formica is still there!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
papalennonatl

Posted: 2011-01-19 07:49 am   Permalink

The Majestic Diner on Ponce in Virginia Highlands is the traditional morning-after place for breakfast for many Atlantans, Silver Skillet is a little too close to Tech for the UGA fans.
And yes, we are organizing our Friday Night Happy Hour crew for Trader Vics on the 18th. When it gets closer, I'll post a count of how many of us will be there.

View Profile of papalennonatl Send a personal message to papalennonatl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 09:53 am   Permalink

I was at Green's within the month and they had no rums that were particularly unusual. I have not tried Mac's, but everyone says Green's is the best and it was a bust for me. I know there is El Dorado in Georgia, but where?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 10:50 am   Permalink

I frequent both of these locations when I'm on a rum hunt.
http://towerwinespirits.com/index.php
I have personally bought El Dorado 5yr, 15yr, and 151 there all within the last year.
Both have good selections of less common brands.

JMC

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 11:49 am   Permalink

I'd like to check out the Majestic too,
but this vid has me dyin' to get to the Skillet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkmhdUri7zQ

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 12:50 pm   Permalink

The Majestic has been updated and is still fab from the outside, updated on the inside. The Silver Skillet has not changed much since it opened. You still must pass through the kitchen staff to hit the bathroom, the waitresses still have bee-hives and the food is absolutely amazing!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 2:12 pm   Permalink

Swanky, Mac's had a pretty good selection of rums from what I remember. I know I picked up some Smith & Cross, Scarlet Ibis rum, Rhum Neisson, and Aviation gin. None of these are available close to me. Got some ginger beer too, brands unavailable near me. Kiliki picked up the mother lode of ginger beer!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation