FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Weekender at the Atlanta Trader Vic's Feb 18-20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Weekender at the Atlanta Trader Vic's Feb 18-20
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-05 07:21 am   Permalink

I would say 30 to be comfortable. If more than that there will be a lot of people standing.

Gatorob is right, this crowd will be waiting hours at the Skillet. There is another maw and paw place down the street and there's always the Bluebird Cafe.

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-05 12:05 pm   Permalink

GatorRob and Tiki Kiliki, mahalo for that insight.

Question from anyone who considers themselves frequent flyers (especially in an out of Atlanta):
I pretty much have a coin flip between Delta and AirTran. Nearly identical flight schedule and airfare options. So which airline is the better choice?

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-06 11:18 am   Permalink

I recall from past trips to Atlanta years ago that there was someplace in town that had really good Beignets. I think it was older, but can't recall what it was called.

anyone have any suggestions?

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-07 08:55 am   Permalink

Pretty sure the place you are thinking of was called Huey's, now unfortunately closed.
Jonathan / Tiki-atari

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 1:50 pm   Permalink

So what is the plan - are most of you guys booking for the early dinner on Saturday? Let me know. I'm not sure if I'm joining Friday night but want to plan for Saturday.

Mahalo!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 2:28 pm   Permalink

T-K,
I'm going out stag Fri night, and my wife Allison and I will both escape the bonds of parenthood Sat night for dinner and drinks. (Any idea whens about that dinner might be? Regardless save us some seats with this crew)

As to Saturday during the day, I'm not sure yet.

Atari

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 5:52 pm   Permalink

I've heard from many locals that they will be in for one night or the other (some both - I love you Die Hards!!!), but not too many locals have committed to a potential Saturday night dinner.

No matter what others do, I figure that the 18-ish of us coming in from way-otta town are definitely doing dinner Saturday night. I was thinking 6:30 or 7. (I still intend to hit the bar at 5 pm)

If moving dinner a little either way will gather more people, we can do that - so if it matters to you, please chime in now.

Now for those who will come for dinner, would you like something arranged via Trader Vic's at a set price (other than drinks), or given the number of people, shall I just reserve enough tables to cover the number we expect and people eat as they please and each **table** takes care of their own bill.

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 6:47 pm   Permalink

I'll be doing Dinner Saturday night, but will want to order whatever I want off the menu & plan on separate checks that individuals are responsible for taking care of themselves.

I know the other option may be easier for the restaurant, but I don't get to Atlanta often will want to pick out my own food from all available Let's just make sure we've got space available for an early dinner Saturday night - your timing sounds good to me, JJ.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 8:43 pm   Permalink

I can't waaaaaait!!!!
Yippee!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 12:39 pm   Permalink

My suggestion is that we set a suggested time for dinner so that everyone who can make it at that time gather and share a large table or tables within close proximity with each individual or couple being responsible for their own checks. I also think it would be best to select from the entire menu rather than rely on a meal choice selected by the restaurant. We may have vegetarians in the group or those like me who only eat seafood. Those pre-planned menus rarely consider things like that. Those who choose to eat earlier or later will not feel locked in, and those who want to eat elsewhere can always join us after dinner for drinks.
Personally, Trevor and I plan to do some running around in Atlanta Saturday followed by dinner and drinks with the group at Vics Saturday night. We can plan for whatever time everyone else wants to meet, and we would be happy to share a table. We will stick around for as late as I can convince him to keep on visiting and drinking!

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 12:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-09 12:39, SouthBamaTiki wrote:
We will stick around for as late as I can convince him to keep on visiting and drinking!

Ya mean until they close the doors & kick us out so the staff can get some rest?

Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-09 12:39, SouthBamaTiki wrote:
My suggestion is that we set a suggested time for dinner so that everyone who can make it at that time gather and share a large table or tables within close proximity with each individual or couple being responsible for their own checks. I also think it would be best to select from the entire menu rather than rely on a meal choice selected by the restaurant. We may have vegetarians in the group or those like me who only eat seafood. Those pre-planned menus rarely consider things like that. Those who choose to eat earlier or later will not feel locked in, and those who want to eat elsewhere can always join us after dinner for drinks.
Personally, Trevor and I plan to do some running around in Atlanta Saturday followed by dinner and drinks with the group at Vics Saturday night. We can plan for whatever time everyone else wants to meet, and we would be happy to share a table. We will stick around for as late as I can convince him to keep on visiting and drinking!

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-12 10:46 am   Permalink

Well I know a trend when I see one. Along with some emails I have gotten, let's forget any idea of any kind of semi-catered dinner, and stick to something which lets people order from the menu and everyone be responsible for their own bill.

For now, let's call it 7 pm. This will allow the sightseers to head back to the hotel, freshen up and put on their Aloha wear. It should also give locals unhurried time to make it in.

Mind you, I will be at the bar the moment they unlock the rum, so da party doesn't have to wait til 7! I've never been to the Atlanta TV, and I intend to make the most of it. So if you are around, come on down!

I'm putting down a names that have replied here, or to me by email about dinner.
If I've accidentally jumped the gun, please reply, quote the list and take your name off.
(and if I missed you, sorry! Please quote and add your name)

I know that there are more people than this, but I wanted to err on the low side for the moment. Some of the people in or near Atlanta are deciding Friday vs Saturday like Tiki Kiliki, and I'll let them add their names. Based on the list so far, I plan to make a reservation for 24 and will adjust up during the beginning of the week.

Also, this list is for dinner on Saturday night, there are others who will be coming just for drinks and fun over the course of the evening.

jwtiki (+2)
SouthBamaTiki (+1)
croe67
TikiAtari (+1)
TikiGAP (+1)
Sabina
OakTiki
Formikahini (+?)
Blacklagoon (+1)
FenrixTiki (+1)
Hep (+1)
Alex
Melissa

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2011-02-12 12:45 ]

Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-14 2:50 pm   Permalink

UPDATE:
For those looking for a little "Wildsville" action,
Derek Yaniger will be with us at Trader Vic's on Saturday night.
Quote:
My Vegas gig got moved to April...so I'm like, insville, Daddy-O!
See you on Saturday, man...

Derek

We've added more names for Saturday night's dinner.
(if you would like to join in for dinner, please post and copy/add to the list)

Twenty-four now confirmed:
jwtiki (+2)
SouthBamaTiki (+1)
croe67
TikiAtari (+1)
TikiGAP (+1)
Gooneybird (+3)
Sabina
OakTiki
Formikahini (+?)
Blacklagoon (+1)
FenrixTiki (+1) whoops, I had them listed twice in the previous post
Hep (+1)
Tiki Kiliki

The very happy folks to host us at Trader Vic's have very generously offered up $5.40 Mai Tais for our group on both Friday and Saturday night!!!

One catch, you have to be specially identified as being part of our shindig to get the special.

Thanks to a very special donation from a friend of ours who has a button making machine, I will have 40 "Tiki Weekender" 2 1/4 inch buttons to hand out for those who make it out on Friday and Saturday night.

This weekend keeps getting better and better, the only thing it is missing is YOU!

See you in Atlanta soon!
jwtiki (aka JJ Tiki)

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2011-02-14 16:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2011-02-14 16:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2011-02-14 17:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2011-02-15 12:29 ]

papalennonatl

Posted: 2011-02-15 05:57 am   Permalink

Looks like I'll be bringing about 10 or 12 locals for drinks on Friday after work, our usual neighborhood Happy Hour taken on the road to Trader Vics!

View Profile of papalennonatl Send a personal message to papalennonatl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation