FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » OHANA 2011 - Official Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
OHANA 2011 - Official Thread
Voodoo Devil

Posted: 2011-07-02 7:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-01 06:22, Hibiscus wrote:
...Voodoo Devil, I see you're in the New England area. Keep an eye out on the boards for other events, if you're interested, like the NETT (Northeast Tiki Tour) and other local meet-and-greets. They're way smaller than Ohana, of course, but a good way to really get to hang with other tikiphiles.

Borgoyle and Hibiscus, thanks for the nice welcome.. And thanks for the heads-up about local events. Yes, I'm interested in what's going on in New England no matter what the scale of the event. Will keep an eye out!

View Profile of Voodoo Devil Send a personal message to Voodoo Devil  Email Voodoo Devil     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-03 04:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-02 19:48, Voodoo Devil wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 06:22, Hibiscus wrote:
...Voodoo Devil, I see you're in the New England area. Keep an eye out on the boards for other events, if you're interested, like the NETT (Northeast Tiki Tour) and other local meet-and-greets. They're way smaller than Ohana, of course, but a good way to really get to hang with other tikiphiles.

Borgoyle and Hibiscus, thanks for the nice welcome.. And thanks for the heads-up about local events. Yes, I'm interested in what's going on in New England no matter what the scale of the event. Will keep an eye out!

We should resurrect the old New England Events post... Maybe if we ask nicely someone will have a party?

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-03 07:15 am   Permalink

Ooo ooo ME!

I'm having a party on July 30th!!!

More info to come, save the date!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-03 08:34 am   Permalink

And I'm having one closer to Halloween! Details to come!

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 11:50 am   Permalink

I had to split today's email blast in half to go in the right place... 2011 vs 2012. I think I'm doing this right. if not, I'm sure you'll let me know...

From today's email:

We pretty much ran out of all the 2011 merchandise, but we’re going to do another run of the awesome Ohana T-Shirts designed by Jon Mooers. We should also have some Ohana magazines for sale as well, for those of you who lost or destroyed yours… or if you weren’t there and want to see what all the fuss is about. Some great articles this year, including a color centerfold about the art of the Tiki Resort!

All of that should be on the website next week. I’ll send you a reminder when its ready.

Also on the horizon is our Ohana post-mortem questionnaire. Expect that in the next week or so as well. We’re looking for feedback, positive and negative, to help shape the event and make it better every year. We’ve already addressed some minor issues we noticed during the weekend, but we also want to hear from you! Keep an eye out for more info, and help us make Ohana even better for next year!

And along the lines of making things better: The staff at the Tiki Resort is looking for ideas on how to make the Resort even MORE tiki/Polynesian! We’re compiling a list right now of suggestions, but if you have any, email them to me at bargoyle@luauatthelake.com and we’ll include them. New ideas, old photos of how the place used to look, photos of places they can “borrow” ideas from… all input is welcome. The fine folks at the Tiki have realized what a treasure they have in the place, and are looking to not only restore it to its former glory, but surpass it if possible!!! So, lets help make the Tiki even more awesome, and get those ideas in to me!

And lastly, lets see those photos from this year!! We’re currently sharing them Here (on TC), on facebook (
http://www.facebook.com/#!/OhanaLuau ) and over on the F.O.M. site ( http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12401 ) Come and peruse, tag, comment, and add your own!! I’m loving the pics so far! More more more!!!

Mahalo! And we’ll see ya at the Lake!

Bargoyle

PS. Just one more thing to keep on your radar:

I had the immense pleasure of listening to the rough mixes of the new Crazed Mugs album, and Holy Lono!! are the tracks on this cd smoking!!! Its not out yet, but they’re gunning for a mid-August release, and for real, this album belongs in everyone’s music library. They’re not paying me to plug it, Pablus didn’t ask me “as a favor” or anything like that. I simply heard it, and was so blown away that I needed to share my excitement with all of you ‘cause I know you’ll be floored as well! Watch the Crazed Mugs website ( http://www.crazedmugs.com ) for more info, and for real, buy this thing as soon as it comes out. You’ve got a new favorite album, and you don’t even know it yet!

As usual, if you haven't signed up for these insane ramblings delivered directly to your inbox, you can do so by visiting the web page at: http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2011-07-06 11:53 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 12:11 pm   Permalink

I also got to hear some stuff from the the new CD and it is freaking amazing stuff. Not saying it because Pablus gave me a banana while I was listening to it. It's sounds awesome and I cannot wait to get a copy of it.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 2:00 pm   Permalink

I got an apple... and a car ride.

At first I was kinda scared. "Hey you! Get in the car! I've got an apple for you......"

lol

But then again, I fall for the Free Candy van all the time too.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-07 09:42 am   Permalink

Yeah, about the fruit.

Whenever I travel by land boat I always get a bag of apples and a couple bunches of bananas and whatever else.
Good clean energy without the drowsies hitting me in the car.

Once I was driving to work at PTL in North Carolina from Fla. Yes, for real.
I stopped about 6 times for the "Blizzards," which had just been invented.

I had to pull over to sleep often from the sugar let down.

Let that be a lesson to you whippersnappers out there.

Mahalo for the "reviews" doods. It's very close now and sounds even better and more polished.
Even without fruit to listen by.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 06:22 am   Permalink

I think you've got a good marketing scheme there.

Every CD comes with a piece of fruit.

Enhance your listening pleasure with the fruits of the Crazed Mugs!

Actually, the apple was much appreciated. I often dont eat over Ohana, and when I do its greasy A&W. So something healthy to quiet the rumble of my belly was just what I needed.

Pretty damn good apple too!

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 07:32 am   Permalink

Oh also...

Today's email blast of random babble from the voices inside my head:

Alooooooooooooooooooooooha!!!!!!

I’m back!! And I’ve got more news you can use from the Lake!!

First of all, 2011 Merch is up for sale!! Now, there’s not much of it. We sold out of pretty much EVERYTHING on site (thanks everyone! That helps make the charity donation even bigger!) but a lot of folks complained that the T-Shirts went too fast, so we’re going to place another order.

So, if you’d like one of this year’s KILLER shirts (lovingly designed by JPM Art Dog), point your intarweb machine to:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/Ohana/ohana_shirt.php

Or just go to www.LuauAtTheLake.com and click on the “BUY MERCHANDISE” tab at the top.

These are pre-orders, and in about two weeks, we’ll place the order with our shirt guy, so you are guaranteed to get the size you want. But you need to act fast! After two weeks, the merch comes down, and the shirt becomes another piece of Ohana history.

Also, as I mentioned before, the Tiki Resort is looking for input on how to make the hotel MORE tiki!!! So, if you’ve got ideas, send them to me at : bargoyle@luauatthelake.com and we’ll pass them along.

And keep an eye on your inbox next week for the post-Ohana questionaire, where you get to help us make Ohana even better next year!

That’s all I’ve got today (I know... FINALLY a short email!!). Hope everyone is having a great summer, and we’ll see ya at the Lake!
---

Your Creepy Uncle Bargoyle

www.LuauAtTheLake.com
Ohana 2012: June 21-24, 2012. The Tiki Resort is taking reservations now!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation