FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA 2011 - Official Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
OHANA 2011 - Official Thread
Zonker88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-27 5:05 pm   Permalink

another spectacular triumph by the FOM! i never thought I could be happy drinking a cocktail in the rain now I know better!

almost forgot, love the custom trader vics glass we got at check in

massive aloha spirit and the best location for a tiki event that exists

a couple requests. MORE AWESOME NAVY GROG in the bar! get those guys in the lab coats working on weather control instead of purple cocktails

see you in 2012

[ This Message was edited by: Zonker88 2011-06-27 17:05 ]

View Profile of Zonker88 Send a personal message to Zonker88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-27 5:17 pm   Permalink

Zonker, thank you for participating in the F.O.M. Test Labs human subject tests in Lake George this past weekend. By the way, the Purple Lagoon contains acai juice so it is possibly the healthiest cocktail in existence. The Labs are working on weather control as well but obviously the technology needs some work. Follow their progress at http://facebook.com/fomtestlabs

And thank you for being positive about the weather on Friday, all that aloha spirit surely helped to improve the forecast on Saturday and pushed several storm cells south of The Tiki.

I am totally with you on the grog, Ahu knocked that one out of the park. We couldn't make enough of it.

See you next June.

-Rev

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-27 5:28 pm   Permalink

Hoping for photos!

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-27 6:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-27 15:13, Turbogod wrote:
Whew...just got home. What a blast. Nice group of people. Great bands. Loved seeing Pablus. Next year, you should try to get the Fisherman.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod 2011-06-27 15:28 ]

You didn't love seeing me? I see how it is "Bronie"

May your first child be a Moai child..

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lightning Steve
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-06-27 7:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2011-06-27 17:05, Zonker88 wrote:
almost forgot, love the custom trader vics glass we got at check in

Had a great time and thank you Bargoyle for all your hard work!!!

I didn't get any glasses at check in, was looking forward to them too!!

[ This Message was edited by: Lightning Steve 2011-06-27 19:42 ]

View Profile of Lightning Steve Send a personal message to Lightning Steve  Email Lightning Steve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-27 10:05 pm   Permalink

Had a great time, nice to see everyone. My pix are posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.246673738681131.81609.100000155194852&l=7be61fb8ee

[ This Message was edited by: ebtiki 2011-06-27 22:07 ]

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Pahupahu

Posted: 2011-06-27 10:52 pm   Permalink

Ohana was amazing, but the real question - what is the recipe for the painkiller they made on the room crawl? OMG I am dreaming of it still! Does anyone have the info?

View Profile of Miss Pahupahu Send a personal message to Miss Pahupahu  Email Miss Pahupahu Goto the website of Miss Pahupahu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 06:08 am   Permalink

Apologies about the TV's glassware.

We were under-shipped a couple of cartons, so that kind of became a first-come, first-serve thing. If its any consolation, I missed out on them too!

Can't express how grateful I am to everyone, and especially to the weather gods for re-directing the storms on Saturday. We literally had storm cells to the East & West, while the Tiki Resort remained dry and sunny... the power of Aloha? I think it was!!!

Mahalo everyone!! Get those pictures up!! I actually got to see & enjoy a LOT of the event this year (Thanks to all our great volunteers!) but I still missed a ton, so I need to live vicariously through your photos! more more more!!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 06:54 am   Permalink

Amazing job by everyone who worked to make Ohana such a fantastic event! Big mahalos to you all! Such a good time was had by all, and next year seems soooo far away!

Here are some of our photos -
http://www.whitespring.com/ohana2011/content/index.html

[ This Message was edited by: Hibiscus 2011-07-01 06:07 ]

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 07:06 am   Permalink

who knew that purple drank could be tiki?

thanks again to bargoyle and the crowds of people who made this happen.

i think it is a testament to this event that the owners of the Tiki make it MORE tiki every year!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-28 09:56 am   Permalink

Purple drank is healthy and full of antioxidants.

I'm gonna sleep for a week.

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 4:35 pm   Permalink

Savage Patty and I had such a great time! I hope the F.O.M. test labs get that time travel thingy down so I can just jump from one Ohana to the next.

Thanks Bargoyle and all the other peeps for making this event so special.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
xtine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-28 6:58 pm   Permalink

Miss Pahupahu has a good question - did dcman do anything different in his painkiller recipe from what was in the first Ohana magazine?

View Profile of xtine Send a personal message to xtine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 7:09 pm   Permalink

EPIC!

Mooers is completely insane. Fantasy Island and the Mod Squad were right on.

The room crawls were perfect. Professor Hummingflower may be approaching "legend" status in his mixology.

The Navy Grog and Meihana were awesome. One dollar Pabsts - Oh yeah...

Hinano Paul, Granite Tiki and I are going to start a new band and move into a house made of beer cans.

Lake Surfer and Rain - Mahalo for the amazing artwork. You guys are great artists.

The bowling was brilliant. I've never seen so many happy people in the same place at the same time.

9th Wave - fabulous - even better acoustic by the pool with the gogo dancers making the scene.

Waitiki was so right on - the Mayor was on FIRE - the whole band - perfection.

Jet Sterling - a dapper silken voice tying it all together.

Velveteen Lounge saved everyone's night and day with the grilled spam sandwiches. EPIC!

Great artwork everywhere.

I dropped Bargoyle into the dunk tank on the 5th throw - Hinano Paul got him on the next throw.
EPIC!

But for me - the highlight of the weekend was Bamboo Saxotica and Miss Suzanne doing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" to a packed house. There were a few moments in that tune I felt like a 10 year old in the middle of a 3 ring circus. EPIC!!!

Great to see old friends and make some new ones and so many things I'm thankful for - not the least of which is safe journeys driving up there and back.

Rugby Matt - loved the cigar yesterday in Asheville. Mahalo.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 7:44 pm   Permalink

Pablus summed it up perfect... EPIC!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation