FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiKirby - Mele Kalikimaka TC
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
TikiKirby - Mele Kalikimaka TC
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 10:19 am   Permalink

Really really clean work, TikiKirby. I love all the throw back to vintage stuff you're doing. Keep up the good work, cuz I know you will!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-03 9:31 pm   Permalink

Mahalo nui loa everyone for the compliments, it helps when the inevitable frustrations with working in clay come into play..!

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-19 4:13 pm   Permalink

Well this guy was inspired by the big Tiki Bob show, but it looks like I won't be able to clone him in time... Anyway, I always thought of Tiki Bob as a Hirschfeld-esc design so I thought I'd try to make a TB mug of my favorite Bob with my attempt at adding a little Al.. My apologies to any and all offended. Here's my Tiki Bob, Hollywood..

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-19 4:21 pm   Permalink

AWESOME!!! Glad to se you're joining the fun!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-19 4:49 pm   Permalink

Nice ... very HOPE-ful!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-19 5:45 pm   Permalink

What are the chances of seeing a clear shot of that Moon disc with the Clarence Catallo '32 Ford on it? Looks VERY cool from what I can see of it!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-19 6:20 pm   Permalink

Hey, Aaron! Are you a Rod & Kustom guy?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-19 7:09 pm   Permalink

Mahalo MDM and ebtiki, it looks like I'm late for the party, but I am having fun. I got pulled into work pretty hard core the last couple weeks and I haven't been able to get this thing done for the show (It's still is too wet to cast!)

Lukeulele, that was a gift I got years ago, I didn't do it it was done by Itchy and signed by George. I'm a big fan of the A Bros and Early Barris.

Big Kahuna, been into old cars my entire life. I'm more kustom than rod, but I love them both.

LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-19 11:23 pm   Permalink

Genius!

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-20 01:06 am   Permalink

Aewesome sculpt, Aaron!

If you check out Alec Yuill Thornton's art, the creator of the Tiki Bob design, you are right, his cartoons definitely have a Hirschfield kind of style to them.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-03-20 01:07 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-20 01:49 am   Permalink

Oh my, now we will have to have a series of famous Bob's. That is so well done I bow at the waist to you as the master of Bob's. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-20 1:20 pm   Permalink

Beautiful Tiki BOB there TikiKirby - pretty damn cool.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-20 3:43 pm   Permalink

Very nice! When's Tiki Bing coming?

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-20 6:38 pm   Permalink

Wow mahalos for the encouragement, it's good to know there are others out there that are on the same page..

Grog, mahalo for the name of the artist. I love finding out more info on these type of artists. They rarely got credit, but to me they tend to be just as influential as the big guys...

Wendy, you're too kind, I really dig your Bob's too. And there is no way I can keep up with your pace, I haven't even finished this one!!!

Zerostreet, we're on the same page here.. That was the first thing I thought, how can you have a Bob and not a Bing?? I plan to do a Bing, (I'm a big fan of these guys) call the set Road to Bali Ha'i

Lukeulele, here's a closer pic of the moon cap...

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-20 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-20 18:38, TikiKIrby wrote:
Grog, mahalo for the name of the artist. I love finding out more info on these type of artists. They rarely got credit, but to me they tend to be just as influential as the big guys...

Hear, hear.... ain't that the truth.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation