Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Beadtiki's Christmas Gift
Beadtiki's Christmas Gift
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 2:01 pm   Permalink

Well, I think it's time that I showed this finished project that my sister made and gave me as a gift. Beadtiki spent 8 months making this.I think it is beautiful and I am grateful to my sister Beadtiki. It is about 13" X 17". I however, need help. I want to put light behind it, and frame it. The only idea I have been able to come up with was buy a light box put glass on it, put the beaded project on top lay down another piece of glass on top of it and then, somehow frame it. I am sure there are much more creative people out there so I could use some help...please.
mymo

PS.. Thank you, SHAG for the great art!!!

[ This Message was edited by: mymotiki 2011-01-15 15:04 ]

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-15 6:22 pm   Permalink

Mymo, so cool to see the finished project! I've been watching this progress for months, Regan did such a great job - 27,000 sparkling imported glass beads.

Maybe you can mount it to a single pane of plexiglass (lighter and unbreakable) and hang it in a window?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-17 08:24 am   Permalink

Hey, I just realized that the picture is flipped - the deer should be on the left! No matter - it's like a reversable shirt! LOL

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-17 09:09 am   Permalink

I noticed that too, I just didn't say anything

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-17 1:20 pm   Permalink

You're so polite Mike!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 7:59 pm   Permalink

Hi all. Here's the progression of the making of this tapestry.

First - this is the original picture:

...and this is the bead size (not a trick dime - MIKE!)

HOURS of tediously building the sky - the same color over and over - at least this part went quickly!

Then I realized I was not even CLOSE to having the right number of orange beads so I ordered them over the internet from the same place I got the first batch. Unfortunately it had been years since I had purchased the first ones so the new ones were a bit different in color. So I tore it all apart so I could mix all the orange, old and new. This is the aftermath! Looks like spaghetti and marinara!

I also tore it apart because the program I use had not been updated in a while and the pattern I made LOOKED right, but printed wrong! I figured out the fix too far after I had started the tapestry a second time so I ended up fixing it by eye along the way - which took FOREVER!

I begin again:

Here's the deer up-close:

Almost there...!

Ta Da!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 11:00 pm   Permalink

Very cool! And definitely the most labor intensive potholder I've ever seen.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 12:38 pm   Permalink

only an insane person could have the patience to create such a rockin piece of art! Congrats on a job well done,Kookypants!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 1:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-20 23:00, woofmutt wrote:
Very cool! And definitely the most labor intensive potholder I've ever seen.

Smartass!

beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-21 12:38, little lost tiki wrote:
only an insane person could have the patience to create such a rockin piece of art! Congrats on a job well done,Kookypants!

Does this mean I have to change my name on here to Kookypants now?! LOL I am just a tad insance though, I will admit!

Thanks everyone!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation