FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food The perils of passion fruit
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
The perils of passion fruit
AceExplorer
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 16 days ago; 09:10 am   Permalink

Jentiki, you're not the only one to feel that way. I hesitated to mention the dreaded WM word, however there are a number of things which they are very well stocked up on. Fruit pulps is often one of those things.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 09:49 am   Permalink

We have a supermarket here in Port St. Lucie, Fl that caters to the hispanic and caribbean ethnic groups, Bravo Supermarkets. They have the passion fruit pulp (a number of brands) and I usually pick some up here. Today I was in the soda isle and what did I see on the top shelf? La Cena brand syrups. Found this one and picked it up:

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, I usually make hurricanes and pieces 'o eight with it.

La Cena has a slew of different syrups (
http://lacenafoods.com/Products63.html ) and Bravo carries most, if not all of them. I'm kinda wondering how the coconut syrup stands up to Coco Lopez (probably not well) or TV's KoKo Creme (never found it here, so wouldn't know if I tried). The sugarcane syrup looks interesting but is black as hell....probably has some mollasess taste to it.

howlinowl

[ This Message was edited by: howlinowl 2015-05-11 09:50 ]

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 10:35 am   Permalink

forgot to list the ingredients:

Filtered Water
Sugar (Yay! No corn syrups!)
Passion Fruit pulp
citric acid (for tartness)
Xhanthan gum
1/10 of 1 percent sodium benzoate (preservative)

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wupput
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 16 days ago; 2:13 pm   Permalink

JenTiki, I feel the same way about Walmart. Maybe I need a couple of strong drinks at home - then go to Walmart and look for passion fruit pulp? (with a designated driver of course....)

View Profile of wupput Send a personal message to wupput      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 12:10 pm   Permalink

Yes! The La Cena tastes exactly like the passion fruit syrup I make from the pulp. It's only about a buck or so more than the pulp...saves me the trouble of making my own. I'll be buying more.

howlinowl

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation