FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki How often is Ooga Mooga updated?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
How often is Ooga Mooga updated?
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-18 09:18 am   Permalink

How often do new mug templates get added to Ooga Mooga? I emailed a few questions, comments, and template requests over the past few months, but have never gotten a response. Is anyone manning the ship?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 10:00 am   Permalink

The ship is being "manned", but she is extremely busy. Restoring the sites after the crash, etc. New templetes are added as time allows, never fear.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 10:35 pm   Permalink

Here's a post JenTiki made on the thread
How to Get New Mug Templates on Ooga-Mooga?

Quote:

Add your mug as "other mug" (or whatever other generic template comes close) and include as much information about it as possible in the description. When one of Ooga-Mooga's moderators get around to adding new templates (usually not more than a few days), they will create a template for the recently added mugs that still need them. It helps if you upload pictures right away so they can look up the mug on TC, include accurate descriptions in the new template, etc. They will automatically move your mug to the new template.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 8:18 pm   Permalink

I have a feeling it was Tiki Kate helped out with the new mug templates on Ooga-Mooga. I don't think anyone has updated it in a while. It's on cruise control. I nominate BeachBumz to help out Humuhumu.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-18 5:06 pm   Permalink

Humu gave me a training course today and we made some new templates. More to come!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-06-18 7:47 pm   Permalink

That's great news!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-18 7:59 pm   Permalink

CONGRATS! You're a good man, Tom!! MAHALO'z for stepping up to da task!!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-19 01:13 am   Permalink

Cool..!
Good News.

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-06-20 4:55 pm   Permalink

Shoots Tom, more than willing to help with OM, let me know if you need some more help with it all.. I learn fast,usually..

Aloha

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-20 5:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks, everyone. I've pushed to do some more templates and will keep cranking them out as I have time and energy.

Beachbumz, I think Humu wants to keep it at just one person doing administration for now, but the offer is appreciated. I love those new Tongos by the way! Send me the dimensions and volume info (and estimated number run for different versions if you have one) and I'll make sure to do a thorough template for them.

Feel free to message or e-mail me with questions and concerns. There's a huge backlog of work to be done to catch things up, but I'm giving it my best.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-21 11:32 am   Permalink

Awesome Tom!! Thanks for your efforts

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-17 5:51 pm   Permalink

Well, I've been at this for a couple of months now and have added about 300 new templates. That's a decent dent, but there's still a lot more to do and a lot more rolling in with Oasis coming up this weekend. Thanks for everyone's encouragement! Please add new/uncategorized mugs to the "Other Mug" category and I will try to get new templates made as soon as possible. If you can find out how many in the run, size and volume, or other info, that's also welcome and I will try to include all the details. Mahalo!

Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-18 08:57 am   Permalink

Tom you're doing a fantasist job...thank you!!!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-19 07:19 am   Permalink

Huge Shout Out to Trader Tom for the work on OM.

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-16 10:44 am   Permalink

Wow, I can't believe I've been at this for a year now!

I've added just over a thousand new templates in that time, but there's a lot more to do.

Unfortunately, I won't be at Oasis this year, so I'm counting on you guys to let me know all the details on new stuff that's rolling in (including run numbers, glaze variations, sale prices, etc...)

I'll try to keep things updated. Thanks for the help!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation