FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cub Scout Pinewood Derby goes tiki!
Cub Scout Pinewood Derby goes tiki!
TikiReno
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-20 7:32 pm   Permalink

Just wrapped my kiddo's Pinewood Derby Car. Going for speed and style this Saturday!

View Profile of TikiReno Send a personal message to TikiReno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 8:26 pm   Permalink

That is SO excellent!!!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 8:37 pm   Permalink

TikiReno,

Good luck this weekend and next time you're in Los Angeles bring it with you.

Knotty Pine Derby

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 01:11 am   Permalink

Awesome idea. Looks great. I have the pleasure of helping my grandson with his car for the past three years. Hope I can talk him into a Moai racer. Let us know how you do.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 10:48 am   Permalink

You should definitely get points for style.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 6:57 pm   Permalink

That looks awesome! I wish I had done that. We were in the Poconos a few years back and we entered some cars into a potato race. My kids liked the cars, my son especially but the wheels fell off of his tiki potato in the first heat.

We didn't last too long!

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 11:58 pm   Permalink

TikiReno, you should post that car in the "Which car is the most tikish?" thread in the General Forum.

It will be the only relevant entry in that whole ridiculous thread.

Also dude, aren't the kids supposed to make their own cars (with a LITTLE help from Dad) ?

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-01-22 00:00 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 05:23 am   Permalink

My kid put the wheels on! Actually it started out as the kids doing it but after two seconds of handling a disgusting potato my Irish kids couldn't handle it. Dad was left with the task. I felt a little guilty until spray painted potatoes with air foil kits and special weights showed up to compete. My spuds were amateurs

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 05:24 am   Permalink

or maybe you were talking to tikireno

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 07:56 am   Permalink

I can see the prize at the finish is the deep fryer??
COOL Tikicar.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikidude21

Posted: 2011-02-19 11:26 am   Permalink

Cool Tiki's

View Profile of Tikidude21 Send a personal message to Tikidude21  Email Tikidude21     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-18 1:17 pm   Permalink

TikiReno,

My grandson's derby is this coming Sunday. We did a spin off of your racer but then my grandson saw one of my mugs from Andy's Place. I did most of the sculpturing on the cars. He did all the painting, polishing the axles and mounting the tires. We had a great time. Thanks for the great idea.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-20 4:03 pm   Permalink

Just finished the pinewood derby racers. My grandson was very happy to finish in first place in his weebelos division. He also won an award for most creative. They have a division for outlaws which a father or grandfather can enter. I entered the Tiki Racer that my grandson and I first built. It took a third in that division.

Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-20 4:37 pm   Permalink

Very Cool and Congratulations!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation