[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Tiki Cars
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Cars
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 09:28 am   Permalink

I was wondering if other members are in to vintage cars from the golden era of Tiki? My car of choice is a slightly customized 65 Buick Riviera.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 11:40 am   Permalink

You've got quite a few around here. Futura Girl drives, of course, a Futura, C.B. Howlie has a 64 Falcon, I got a 64 Fairlane, and I'm sure there's allot more I don't know about in TC.

[ This Message was edited by: suicide_sam on 2003-05-22 11:40 ]

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 11:43 am   Permalink

Since he's not tellin, I will. SugarCaddyDaddy's got a 64 Caddy.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 12:03 pm   Permalink

My little beach buggy is a 67 VW bug that's all tiki'd out. Don't know if I will be able to keep it now that I've moved to the beach. Just no parking for the extra vehical. Whould be pretty easy to seel over the next few weeks.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 12:08 pm   Permalink

Does a '64 Cadillac Coupe de Ville count as a car from the golden age of tiki? Laney has a '66 Coupe de Ville.

Does a '68 Impala (family) Wagon count?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiholic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-22 2:01 pm   Permalink

How about a 63 Lincoln Continental convertible (the Kennedy car)?...and, yes, it's black, but sorely in need of a paint job..hope that everyone finds the humor in the DK sticker on the bumper!

Linda

View Profile of Tikiholic Send a personal message to Tikiholic  Email Tikiholic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 4:40 pm   Permalink

Someone had a converible T-Bird at the "Gathering of the Tribes" last summer that was SWEEEET! White with blue stripes and a big tiki on the hood. The license plate was 'Tiki Brd' or something like that. Anybody know whose it was? I'd love to see pix of it!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 10:01 pm   Permalink

Well, I drive a south orange county soccer mom suv and a hooptie little truck(late 80's) but by the end of the summer I hope to have my vintage ford tiki truck. I love cars and messing with them. Welding, upholstery and if I have a manual, just about anything else. The ultimate for me and the wifey would be a black and chrome Indian with a Tiki Theme. Chromed bamboo-look handlebars, a tiki on the front fender and also the tank with the speedo in it's mouth and some tapa engraving .And, and, and..... Hey Fred, PATENT PENDING!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 10:05 pm   Permalink

I got a Muni pass.

Used to have a 1959, oh, never mind.

Another one rides the bus, hey hey...
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 10:13 pm   Permalink

I drive a 1966 Lincoln Continental. Actually, make that I PARK a 1966 Lincoln Continental in my parents driveway, as I am to poor to drive it right now.

I can do you one better than the DK sticker. When my dad was in junior high, he collected campaign memoribilia from the 1960 presidential election. So my Lincoln actually has a Kennedy for President sticker in the back window!

View Profile of Trader_Rick Send a personal message to Trader_Rick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 08:40 am   Permalink

1971 Buick Centurian Convertible.

Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-23 09:21 am   Permalink

I shared a car with my dad in high school. It was a 1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass sedan. It was mostly mine, but he worked in city government and would have to borrow it for meetings sometimes. I put a Misfits sticker on the back, and I used to love seeing it parked at City Hall next to all the police cruisers with that on the back. Eventually, people took notice of it and he had to scrape it off. It wasn't very tiki; in fact, you were much more likely to find a 40 of 8-ball wrapped in a sweater under the spare in the trunk.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 09:23 am   Permalink

Hey Al,

Was that photo taken in 71'? (born in the usa!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 09:36 am   Permalink

Last car was a '68 Fury, green, death dashboard with King Crimson "In the Court of the Crimson King" permanently wedged in the 8-track!

----------

If you damn kids don't settle down back there...

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-05-23 11:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-05-23 12:39 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-23 09:53 am   Permalink

For me it's a '79 Olds delta 88... Looks like crap, runs like a dream... I'm considering a summer project/party to tiki it out... (since it literally can't look worse) I dunno - anybody good at auto paint? Know where I can get a hood-ornament moai?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation