FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Tiki Cars
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Cars
Tikiholic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-23 10:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-22 22:13, Trader_Rick wrote:
I drive a 1966 Lincoln Continental. Actually, make that I PARK a 1966 Lincoln Continental in my parents driveway, as I am to poor to drive it right now.

I can do you one better than the DK sticker. When my dad was in junior high, he collected campaign memoribilia from the 1960 presidential election. So my Lincoln actually has a Kennedy for President sticker in the back window!

Ohhh... have sticker envy..must try to find Kennedy sticker on E-Bay...

View Profile of Tikiholic Send a personal message to Tikiholic  Email Tikiholic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 11:24 am   Permalink

I don't know how to drive. I ride a beat up old bicycle!

But I love all your cars. Wish I had one!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 11:30 am   Permalink

I've wanted a late-'60s Dodge Dart (ideally green) for the loooongest time, but I figure such a car would need to also become a hobby. If I had the money for it, the one car I really, really want is a late-'40s yellow Studebaker convertible.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 11:42 am   Permalink

My grandma had an early 60's Fairlane for which I still pine...sigh...not to mention the red '65 MGB my father sold after he promised it to me. Family! Gotta love 'em!!

For now I am happy with my Volvo station wagon. You can fit a moose in one of those things. Or a tiki.

Humuhumu, in Port Townsend a few years back I ran across a guy with an old warehouse/garage who sold automobile antiques. (manuals, parts, memorabilia etc.)

He also had some amazing vintage cars for sale!! and his prices were very reasonable, especially as they looked to be in superb shape. Ohhh, I'm still pining for this late 40's blue convertible--I think it was a Chevy or a Chrysler, auuugh. I have pictures somewhere.

Anyway, is he still there? And/or have you seen that place?

--Lisa

p.s. I'm so with you on that Dart, especially. They are the greatest cars. A friend of mine once told me, "pick a car like you're picking clothing--choose something you'll look good in!" Well, you'd go marvelously with a green Dart.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 11:43 am   Permalink

Next week on VH-1:

"Where are they now?"

Episode Two: Village People, the leather guy.

"...and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time"

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-23 9:50 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu, I used to have a '64 Dodge Dart GT. It was one of the best cars I've ever owned for a vehicle of that era and type. It had the slant six engine, push-button drive, and since it was the GT model, the bucket seats / with consol & other ammenities (which back in the '60's on a car that cheap were few). If you see one in good shape at a down to earth price...grab it.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-24 1:51 pm   Permalink

Dr. Z, last summer when we had that huge south swell, I saw that T-Bird parked down by the Wedge here on the peninsula. Ever since I saw it, I've dreamed of that car. It was perfect.

For me, I'm still dreamin' of that '59 Coupe Deville. I gotta get a Cadillac. Long white and chopped.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mattio
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-24 2:09 pm   Permalink

I spotted a Tiki Car Last Night...Well it was just a car with a tiki decal and two nice people wearing hawaiian shirts

View Profile of Mattio Send a personal message to Mattio  Goto the website of Mattio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-24 3:30 pm   Permalink

My 65 riviera is chopped and i'm in the process of having some other body modifications done. After painting I would like to hire a member of TC to paint a Tiki on the trunk. Anyone interested?

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-24 9:43 pm   Permalink

Luckydesigns, had a '60 Coupe Deville, same car but smaller fins and sans the 4 bullet tail lights (which used to get ripped off a lot by guys with '64 Impalla lowriders). Great car! a true American "land yacht". This car had 4 lighted ash trays w/ lighters, an automatic high beam dimmer (that thing on the dash that looks like a ray-gun), a foot switch on the floor that you could change the radio with without taking your hands off the wheel. All this and enough HP to move this piece of Detroit metal sculpture to any place on the map with a touch of your right foot.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-27 9:58 pm   Permalink

OK, better late than never. Here's my baby. Here name is Audrey and she's a 1963 Chevy Nova with teal interior. When I bought her 10 years ago, she was practically stock. But the original 194 engine eventually took a dive and I replaced it with a 250. (Sorry, couldn't afford the 350.) Since I drove it everyday on the freeway, I also converted the 2-speed powerglide to a 3-speed and put in power steering. Oh, and I put in an electronic ignition for those cold mornings. Unfortunately, she's been in the shop for some time with a mysterious steering problem. (I wish I could just afford that new rack and pinion front end they make now for Novas.) I miss her everyday.

Smiling coyly for the camera

Her profile

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-27 10:58 pm   Permalink

Hey Vintagegirl,

Very cool Nova!! Smart move with the electronic ignition, I did the same on my riviera. Hope you get her back soon! I'm doing some extra work to mine and plan on having her in the hootenanny car show.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 9:50 pm   Permalink

tikivixen/humuhumu...That shop with the old cars and stuff is still open in Port Townsend and the prices are reasonable...So reasonable that a couple weeks ago some chrome covered thing had me thinking I should really own a car. And if you go to PT drink at Sirens.

Any car can be a Tiki car. 3 years ago I had a dazzlingly bland sunbleached beige 1983 Ford Futura (on loan from a friend). I did the inside all Tiki for summer of '00. In the back window sat some plastic mugs and fruit and leis, the Freaky Tiki nodder and a hula girl, with paper Chinese lanterns hanging down. Pineapple air freshener freshening the air. It was like driving in my own private island paradise.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-31 12:46 am   Permalink

Vintagegirl, I know what you mean I sold my 4 door, 1964 Nova with a straight 6 a few years ago, totally stock, a very sweet little car, plus I looked so cute in it! I loved that car. I still miss it! I basically gave it away for nothing. I'm looking for a old Nova Wagon now...your priorities change with a baby. As boring as my Honda is, it is more reliable. The trade off was worth it.

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-31 00:47 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-02 9:23 pm   Permalink

Totally understandable, DawnTiki. I guess you can't really have a toddler sliding around that bench seat. Although that does remind me of when I was a kid (before the seat belt law) and my mom basically throwing out her right arm in front of me if she had to stop suddenly.....like that would've really done any good.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation