FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Tiki Cars
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Cars
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-03 01:05 am   Permalink

Shipwreck, that '60 sounds super cool. The '59 may be to collectable to find in my price range.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 8:23 pm   Permalink

Vintage Girl

Hell, I'm 48 and my Mom still sticks her arm across me in the car. Old habits die hard.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 9:07 pm   Permalink

Hey, that's MY MOVE! STOP SHORT!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 11:40 pm   Permalink

I just saw a two door Mercedes in NB with the plates reading TIKICLB. The license place frame was an ad for the Tiki Room club in Costa Mesa.

Probably the owners of the venerable punk club. I think the Tiki Room has closed recently. Anybody have any info on that? There was a huge tiki on the roof carved by Leroy but you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for it.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-06-07 12:33 am   Permalink

too lazy to scan a picture of my car so I got this from the interNet. I was lucky enough to have parents who bought a '64 malibu convertible in the 80's for $700. It was parked on the PCH in Malibu and my pops went scurring thru the beach looking fo the owner to see if the $800 price tag was fo real... yeah thats right, he talked him down a $100. On my 16 birthday in '96 I drove that car all thru highschool, and rarely put the top up. I hope to cruise it to some tiki events this summer down south with my tikis fo sale fillin up the back seat. Funny one, trader rick, me too, she's sitting in my parents garage til I sell enough tikis to pay fo new brake cyllinders. Like a dork, I start it up every weekend but I ran out a gas and can't afford any.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-07 11:25 pm   Permalink

Sweet asss ride TT. Some kids are lucky. For a while in HS I had to drive a DARK GREEN NOVA ('70)w/ no radio.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 7:19 pm   Permalink

An old post from JohnnieVelour.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stunned

Posted: 2003-06-11 11:32 am   Permalink

We have a '66 Thunderbird convertible.

View Profile of Stunned Send a personal message to Stunned  Email Stunned Goto the website of Stunned     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DarkTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-19 02:30 am   Permalink

I have a 62 cadillac coupe

View Profile of DarkTiki Send a personal message to DarkTiki  Email DarkTiki Goto the website of DarkTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-22 7:09 pm   Permalink

My dream car .. a cherry woodie decorated tiki-style. For now I can only windowshop. I went to the annual "Woodies on the Wharf" recently and drooled.

http://www.oldwoodies.com/gallery-event-wow00.htm

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-29 07:11 am   Permalink

My first car was a 1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe.
It was a rust and bondo bucket, and even after I gave it to the bdoy shop it still was a bondo bucket.
Changed the whole drivetrain from slant six and 904 tranny with wimpy rear end & suspension to hot 340/727/8.75 sure grip rear end and XHD suspension.
Then met an American guy who really made it an awsome machine, with me helping him..then after a year and a half of working on it, I crashed it after 9 days of putting it on the road.
Sent the surviving stuff to my friend (who left back to the states) and he said he bought me a 72 Challenger. If he ain't BS me, that should someday be my car.
In the mean time I sold my 1970 Dart Swinger to another buddy here. It is a rust and bondo bucket just like all the old cars around here.

Some pics of my Barracuda:

when I bought it in 1991

After body work and paint (maybe looks good in the pic, but under the paint there is 1/4" thick bondo)

1997 - Ouch! my whole life savings! Never try to impress a motorcycle rider while on a slick road with narrow tires and more than 350 HP...

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-29 08:57 am   Permalink

CruzinTiki, we were at the "Woodies on the Wharf" also. Probably walked right by you.

Some day I will own one.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 5:27 pm   Permalink

1951 Ford Custom Fordor - it's got electrical problems now and hasn't seen much action in the last year - I gotta find the time to fix her, kinda hard with all the projects around the house.

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 8:15 pm   Permalink

Getting my '70 ford pick-up this week. Tiki it out after summer.

sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 7:20 pm   Permalink

This would be my Tiki Car - 1957 Buick Roadmaster convertible .

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation