FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Tiki Cars
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Tiki Cars
pagogo

Posted: 2007-07-26 05:59 am   Permalink

Hello, I haven't had much luck posting to this site, here's attempt #4.
I am the proud builder of "The TikiMobile" . The eyes (and tongues)of the Tikis in front, are the turn signals.(They flash). The car is made of wood, just like a tiki bar. The car is white in color because the car will be dry-erase (right now it is currently white primer). I have heard locals call it "the car that makes you smile". It is more fun than ANY vehicle I have ever owned. I also have a pink and white '56 DeSoto Firedome (Yeah, it's got a hemi), and a mild custom "63 TBird. _Pagogo

View Profile of pagogo Send a personal message to pagogo  Email pagogo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-26 09:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-22 09:28, tiki-riviera wrote:
I was wondering if other members are in to vintage cars from the golden era of Tiki? My car of choice is a slightly customized 65 Buick Riviera.

Mine's a '63 Comet Custom convertible 260 V8 (here shown at Caliente Tropics, 2004)

Bought in Hermosa Beach in 2004... driven to Chicago on a Route 66 roadtrip in 2005... shipped to England...

We're driving it to Sweden next week (2,000 miles round trip) for the A-Bombers Old Style Weekend. All that way only to have to park it in the 'out' field as it's post-56!!!

Stopping for tiki drinks overnight in Hamburg and Rotterdam on the way home!

We also have a '50 Buick (did the trip to Sweden in 2005) '52 Chrysler sled, '60 Fury, and European cars: MkII Zodiac, '67 Beetle and 3-will-become-1 Triumph Vitesses. But the Comet's the golden era of tiki!

Found a '58 DeSoto Firedome yesterday ... wondering whether to buy?

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

[ This Message was edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2007-07-26 13:23 ]

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 11:37 am   Permalink

.......Well, heres my ride. Its the one I take to my Tiki gigs w/ the Agents oF VooDoo. Its a 1952 Chevy Panel truck & runs great!..............Remy

front [must be a long trip today, hence the water bag]

can you tell Im also a railroad geek???

All packed up for a gig

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-26 11:37, Mouse Art wrote:
can you tell Im also a railroad geek???

You and I should talk sometime. Was this ever used on the rails, like a Hy-Rail or did you add the decals?

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2007-07-26 13:07 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 12:19 am   Permalink

I drive a 65 Continental....And of all days, today I lost the tranny!...talk about a $1500 kick in the ass! I just finished getting the paint and tires...

The above shot was taken about a week before the new tires and rim paint color...The rims are painted a black n blue pearl now on thin white walls....

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2007-07-30 00:21 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 09:51 am   Permalink

.......Some bICHEN! rides here....Tom, bummer about your tranny. Cant wait to see that thang cruzin the beaches!! Think youll have it sometime soon? Theres a casual car show Fri. eves [in the summer]down in the Ruby's parking lot. The one next to the salt water pool in Redondo. If you havent all ready, you otta come down & show that ting! Hell, if thell let my beat up truck in, your a cinch!..............Remy

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-02 1:38 pm   Permalink

Here's my 1955 86" series 1 landrover right hand drive. She's currently in the process of being lightly tikified (fake bamboo on the soft top hoops n' such). THis is her in her winter coat (safari hardtop). She's topless at the moment. She was my daily driver (and running grand) until a few weeks ago when my gearbox oil started pouring out of the timing pointer cover. (timing chain kicking it up and out, I think). anywho - hopefully she's off to the rover doc this week so I can get to cruising around in her again soon.

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2007-08-02 13:39 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marklongshore@att.net

Posted: 2013-02-05 10:47 am   Permalink

My friend Mike has a Willys he calls the "Tiki Tub". Here is a photo of my wife Laura in the Tub at her birthday party/car show this last August.

View Profile of marklongshore@att.net Send a personal message to marklongshore@att.net      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation