[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Ron de Jeremy - The adult rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Ron de Jeremy - The adult rum
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-22 5:53 pm   Permalink

Just saw an article about this. Yes, it appears to be real.

http://www.rondejeremy.com/

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-22 7:12 pm   Permalink

I expected the bottle to have a longer neck, it seems short and squatty

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-22 7:23 pm   Permalink

At least he can drink it by himself!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 8:02 pm   Permalink

Distributed by One Eyed Spirits. One of the billboard ads tossed off the table was....
"Give me three fingers of Ron Jeremy."

What's your favorite billboard ad?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-24 06:34 am   Permalink

Ministry of Rum has a serious...and not so serious...discussion going on about this: http://www.ministryofrum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-24 11:41 am   Permalink

heard it burns going down.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-24 11:43 am   Permalink

I have a feeling that this rum is gonna be really similar to Seven Tiki Rum.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-24 4:47 pm   Permalink

No thanks. Saving my money for the new Jenna Jameson Spiced Rum instead...

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-24 4:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-24 11:41, bigtikidude wrote:
heard it burns going down.

I think there's an antibiotic for that

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-25 10:52 am   Permalink

I think the verdict is still out on this one since no one from the Ministry of Rum forums has tasted this yet. The brand owner is in Europe and they are trying to set up online stores in the US, but distribution seems to be sketchy at this point.

If this works it will be the first celebrity rum brand that has actually been successful. Fortunately, a few other celebrity rums haven't come to the market. To date only Jimmy Buffet rum is still in the market and though it's made in Jamaica, it isn't getting the best reviews from my forum members or the Parrot Head Fan Club.

In the wider spirits market, most celebrity brands have failed but there's always hope that this will be good rum at a good price. The blender has done some good work in the past but like most rum drinkers, I take a more conservative approach and prefer to base my opinions on what is in my glass.

View Profile of Rum guy Send a personal message to Rum guy  Goto the website of Rum guy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 1:24 pm   Permalink

wait- so you're saying Captain Morgan isn't a celebrity?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-25 2:27 pm   Permalink

I knew there had to be a cocktail out there that this rum was suited for. I combed the Internet and found this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sazerac/3723795615/

The Hedgehog's Dilemma
caramelized mango, lemon juice, Noilly Prat dry vermouth, passion fruit syrup, Myers's platinum rum, Angostura bitters

Switch out the Meyers's and Voila!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 7:20 pm   Permalink

only downside you have to make it and drink it yourself,

Jeff(btd)

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 7:58 pm   Permalink

No dilemma here. I would sip some Ron de Jeremy from a glass. I bet that it is good.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-25 2:22 pm   Permalink

Ron Jeremy already had 2 degrees of seperation from Tiki; he played the judge and "large convict" in Sublime's "Date Rape Song" video. That video was filmed at Sam's Seafood, complete with an umbrella in the drink.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation