FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 5:20 pm   Permalink

I looked through the Finds threads and found no threads devoted JUST to S&Ps. I recently have started picking up more S&Ps because I am running out of display space for mugs. I know that some are on Ooga Mooga but not all.

Maybe we can start posting S&Ps here in the same manner that we post the CoCo Joes/Witco/Rattan, etc...

I will start with some of mine

Tiki Bob's (with lei)

Kahiki

Treasure Craft Hawaii Tikis

Treasure Craft Hawaii Goldfish

Treasure Craft Hawaii Whales

Treasure Craft Hawaii Tourists

Hawaii Kai

Zombie Village

PMP

Japan Angry Kus

Otagiri

Otagiri

Bali Hai (not Tiki Farm repos)

Trader Vics (I always think of this a mud colored)

Brown Lined (without jewel eyes)

That seems like a good start for now!

I wish there was a S&P collecting book just for Hawaii/Tiki designs since I have been talking around and lots of people are really into collecting them.

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2011-01-23 17:33 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 10:01 pm   Permalink

Great idea for a thread Liz!! I really like the S&P shakers too, especially the ones that are mini versions of mugs.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 05:52 am   Permalink

Here are most of mine... took me a long time to find the Treasure Craft tikis, and I now have two sets, plus the Treasure Craft coconuts... I think the only unusual ones I have are the short white ones, they sorta look space-age.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 08:01 am   Permalink

Great idea for a thread Liz !! Here are mine. I didn't have the heart to take them all down off the shelves. Sorry that they are mixed in with other junk.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 08:26 am   Permalink

Leleliz,

Nice collection of S & P's. I think these are my favorite ceramics to collect. Uncle Trav, love the display.

Here is my little army S & P's that hang out in the kitchen window box, including my recent addition of Grog Crap.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-25 12:33 pm   Permalink

Nice thread idea - seems like something TC would've gotten around to, but I don't remember a thread like this either.

Quote:
On 2011-01-25 08:01, uncle trav wrote:

Hey uncle trav, just curious about your salt shaker on the second shelf in that pic. Does it say "Lanai" on the back, like these?

A couple of us were speculating about whether those were from the Lanai in San Mateo, or if any other places used the same ones, etc.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 2:58 pm   Permalink

I keep alot of my S&Ps in mirrored shadow boxes as well so I like these displays.

Here are a few more that I snapped (may be doubles of pics posted already)

Grog's Tiki Bobs

Grog's Moais

Tourist wood

Tourist Hawaiian

Aloha Pineapples

Jeweled Eyed lined - blue jewels

Hawaii Kai Version 2 (need the Salt as i only have the Pepper) and a Treasure Craft (I believe)

Treasure Craft Skull and Barrel (not totally tiki but still same vibe)

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-25 12:33, aquarj wrote:
Nice thread idea - seems like something TC would've gotten around to, but I don't remember a thread like this either.
Hey uncle trav, just curious about your salt shaker on the second shelf in that pic. Does it say "Lanai" on the back, like these ?

A couple of us were speculating about whether those were from the Lanai in San Mateo, or if any other places used the same ones, etc.

-Randy

Hi Randy. Mine is from Pub Tiki in PA. I thougt they were the only one that used that style. Learn something new all the time. Thanks.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 3:09 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2011-01-23 17:33 ]
[/quote]

Who made these Moai salt and pepper shakers? They're everywhere and everyone seems to have a pair.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 3:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Who made these Moai salt and pepper shakers? They're everywhere and everyone seems to have a pair.

I have no clue.

The ones with jeweled eyes are made by EFCCO Imports (at least mine are marked as such). The jeweled eyes are much larger than the plain so I am assuming 2 different companies. Maybe someone out there has a marked pair.

SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 3:33 pm   Permalink

Haven't seen these represented here yet:

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-26 3:18 pm   Permalink

Glad to see some other's people collections as well.

These come with a toothpick holder which I also have but can not find right now:

and then the Steve Crane Luau ones have been represented but there seems to be a lot of different markings on them so here is 1 set up close (complete with glaze drip!)

blacklagoon
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-26 5:10 pm   Permalink

I love S&P's!

Orchid's X-Eyes:

My wife made these for me one year for my Birthday, only two sets exist!

Creature From the Black Lagoon S&P's

Mint packaged Hawaii Stumps:

Hibiscus Stumps:

Kon Tiki:

Stephen K:

Conch Shell:

Thanks for looking,

Paul

[ This Message was edited by: blacklagoon 2011-01-26 17:16 ]

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-26 5:17 pm   Permalink

WOw Paul those Creature ones are amazing! Your wife is super talented. Thanks for sharing those!

Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-26 11:43 pm   Permalink

Nice thread Liz - most of my collection has already been shown, but I think this set is pretty rare (and my favorite):

Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation