FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 12:42 am   Permalink

A very small contribution from me which I cant see getting any larger in a hurry. Slim pickings here in Aus and the first two came from the US.

Munktiki

Sakura Moai

Wooden Ku

Wooden Maori

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2011-01-27 00:43 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 10:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-26 23:43, Trad'r Bill wrote:
Nice thread Liz - most of my collection has already been shown, but I think this set is pretty rare (and my favorite):

Trad'r Bill

Very cool. I didn't even know they made those.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-28 07:32 am   Permalink

Cheap touristy Ku

A carved one that looks like it was based on a Kon Tiki mug.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gooneybird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-28 10:55 am   Permalink

Great thread!

View Profile of gooneybird Send a personal message to gooneybird  Goto the website of gooneybird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-28 4:00 pm   Permalink

Great thread Liz.

Here are a couple I have that haven't already been pictured.

Treasure Craft & Munktiki

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-29 11:23 am   Permalink

here's about 1/3 of my S&P collection - the rest is in boxes for a while longer, yet...

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-29 2:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-29 11:23, croe67 wrote:
here's about 1/3 of my S&P collection - the rest is in boxes for a while longer, yet...

Nice collection croe67 - I want those DTB shakers in the upper left!

Trad'r Bill

[ This Message was edited by: Trad'r Bill 2011-01-29 14:11 ]

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 10:12 am   Permalink

Most of mine are on these shelves.

But this set is too large for the shelf. Perhaps the biggest tiki s&p set ever!
Made by Quon-Quon.

These things are massive. In order to show their super-size, here they are next to a set everyone should be familiar with.

I once was lost.....but now I'm found.....

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki 2011-01-30 11:10 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-30 4:55 pm   Permalink

I think these Trader Dick ones are on the shelf in 8ft's post, but they're among my favorites, and not covered in a closeup here yet. So here they be...

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 9:25 pm   Permalink

Very cool thread! Nice to see them all together like this.

A few I'd like to add which I don't think I have seen on here yet:

Harvey's, Lake Tahoe
Seldom seen and very cool OMC Set!

Trader Dick's, Sparks Nevada

Pub Tiki, Philadelphia, PA.
These are a set of two Tikis as opposed to one Tiki and one being the manlike figure previously pictured from The Lanai Rest.

Trader Vic's.
These are quite rare and are actually marked Trader Vic's. Not sure if these were earlier ones, possibly from a specific location, or really any history behind them. Anybody? They are just really different from the usual ones you see.

Trader Vic's.
Here's another rare set from Trader Vic's. Looks like a little lighter colored version than previously pictured.

Kings Island, Cincinnati, Ohio. Amusement Park.
These are made by OMC and are most commonly seen as being from the Kona Kai Rest. in PA.

A newer set but a pair that have sort of a vintage "modern" look to them.

Vintage Head Hunters.
I love this set! These aren't really Tiki but they are a great set depicting a pair of Head Hunter or Cannibal types. They almost seem to be giving each other the eye! Anyone Hungry??

That's it for now!
Mahalo, TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 12:11 pm   Permalink

TabooDan I am super jealous of your shakers my friend!when you get tired of looking at them I will gladly take them off your hands. Thabks for posting everyone.

Does anyone have the figural Sneaky Tiki shakers that don't come on barrels? I think they came in red and blue. They are my personal holy grail to find so if you have them I would love to see them!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-20 12:36 am   Permalink

Just wanted to throw a few more shakers on here as I know there's probably still quite a few still missing. It's neat looking over the thread and seeing all the different ones.

Treasure Craft Ship shakers:

Treasure Craft Sea Horses in thier original box:

I saw these recently. They aren't really 'Tiki' but I think they do fit the theme just like the last set. Especially being marked Florida and were made for the tourist trade. These could have been available at a few of the famous Tiki establishments that were around. Who knows?

Here's another cool set of Tiki shakers made by Treasure Craft of Hawaii:

These ones are actually a little harder to find. The mug is much more common but these seem not to come up too often.

Here's a set of hand carved wooden Maori shakers:

Next up is some nice old shakers from Tiki Gardens in Florida:

Pretty straight forward but a neat design with cool hand painted graphics with the "Tiki Gardens Fla." stamped on them. A little closer shot:

Don't know who made these specifically, but the style is a pretty popular design. It was used on lot's of different designs like tall mugs, shorter mugs with handles, ashtrays, tooth pick holders, shakers, candle holders, banks, and more. They are usually found with Made in Japan stickers on them.

I like this style because each one is a half round and when you put them back to back, they form a neat display perfect for your dinner table!

Here's a set of miniature Tiki Mug shakers:

These were made by a Japanese Company called "Quong Quong" and they are pretty much exact, but smaller, replicas of their common handled Tiki mug.

This next set is one of my favorite designs and are quite hard to find:

Made by OMC specifically for the "Tiki Hut".

Still in their box:

Here's most of my collection dragged out for a quick little photo shoot:

Mahalo, TabooDan

[ This Message was edited by: TabooDan 2011-08-20 00:52 ]

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-20 09:17 am   Permalink

great shots of great shakers everyone! i especially like the fantastic photos randy took of the trader dick's shakers -- one of my personal favorites as well. and wow randy, those lanai shakers are great! the barrel harvey shakers are cool taboo dan -- once upon a time i used to have them. ive always liked their sneaky tiki design.

what i like most about tiki shakers are that they are the perfect size for a faux tiki mug for babies. here's violet with another one of my favorites that has yet to be posted here.... the tommy lee islander faux maori mug!

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 6:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-20 09:17, tikicleen wrote:
what i like most about tiki shakers are that they are the perfect size for a faux tiki mug for babies.

I was just thinking the same thing!

Here are some A-frame shakers from Fiji:

And I really like these Tiki Modern wooden shakers, they show how two completely different Tiki traditions can be stylized, and how the "log" can determine the look ):

from the Tiki Kate Estate

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-20 10:31 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone,
Can someone help with a Bali Hai S & P question?
Original vs Tiki Farm. How can you tell the difference?
Does the tiki farm version have their name on it?
The set I have does not have any markings on it.
Thanks. I couldn't find the answer on TC.
Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation