FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-12 12:44 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2013-02-08 09:30, SandraDee wrote:
Skipper Kent's moais

Nice SD, You still have da touch.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-12 8:11 pm   Permalink

that base is cheeky! haha!

my guess would be that those triangular objects with stocks on top are supposed to be carrots -- as in making a joke about the moai being from "easter island".

Quote:

On 2013-02-11 22:49, thomamas wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-02-08 09:30, SandraDee wrote:
And whomever won these off EBay I have to say its pretty cool to see them on their base. I had no idea that's how they were originally sold:

I did, but I'm not sure the base is original. The ceramic is a little different and the shakers don't fit that cleanly into their spaces. Also, the design is slightly confusing, with what looks like chili peppers in the middle.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-21 4:56 pm   Permalink

Here's mine, mostly in situ.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-20 5:52 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-01 10:10 am   Permalink

Latest find is the Kon Tiki S&P pair with "Kon Tiki Hotel Phoenix" stamped on the bottoms.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 5:13 pm   Permalink

I have been slowly adding to my shaker collection and since I have some time to kill I thought I would add more photos to this thread--even if I may have already posted them elsewhere on here.

Kelvin shakers

I love these short, squatty peanut men that are just marked Made in Japan :

For size comparison here the above two sets pictured with a set of PMP shakers (in the middle)

Dark brown Skipper Kent's:

Still digging these Kowloon's ...crossing these off my "Need to find" list was awesome :

It would be cool to know how many different places used this moai shaker design. These are the Johnny Quong's from SLC, Utah :

and this design too seems used quite often :

Kona Kai

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 5:17 pm   Permalink

I still can't believe you found those Kowloon shakers in Cali!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 5:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-09 17:17, Big Kahuna wrote:
I still can't believe you found those Kowloon shakers in Cali!

or that I paid so little for them

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-23 03:37 am   Permalink

I still have yet to put a photo up of my S&P collection because they're all over the place. But I will eventually. But here is a set of S&P mill that I found back in 2010. I posted a photo back then of a single one I found from somewhere on-line. Here, http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=565909 Has anyone else ever seen these? They are 9" tall.

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MissClaireTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-26 11:40 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-01-26 17:10, blacklagoon wrote:
I love S&P's!

My wife made these for me one year for my Birthday, only two sets exist!

Creature From the Black Lagoon S&P's

Love these! the glaze is beautiful!.

View Profile of MissClaireTiki Send a personal message to MissClaireTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BayIslander
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-30 2:10 pm   Permalink

My little starter collection. The NZ Maori are wooden and hand carved and are my favorites.

View Profile of BayIslander Send a personal message to BayIslander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-02 1:10 pm   Permalink

Found this pair yesterday. "JAPAN" sticker on bottom.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-03 06:29 am   Permalink

Those are interesting. They're kinda like Monkey Kus.

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 06:08 am   Permalink

Added a few sets to my collection recently. These Trader Vic's ones i picked up at an antique store in Bisbee, Arizona on my recent trip to the U.S.

And i found two sets this weekend at an antique store here back at home in Melbourne. First these ceramic Beenleigh Rum barrels.

And i also found these crude wooden carved ones. The pair on the right i found a little while ago but i never posted any pictures of. Apparently there's a picture of some similar in the new Tiki Pop book by Sven. Mines on order and should arrive soon so i look forward to seeing the picture in it.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 12:54 pm   Permalink

i dig seeing everyone's collections. here are most of mine. unfortunately, i dont have shelf space to display both shakers.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation