FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » A song for Christa now with a video on Utube
A song for Christa now with a video on Utube
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-26 9:46 pm   Permalink

It's free right now. This is my nephew doing something special. Wendy

Exactly 25 years ago on Friday, January 28, our nation was shocked by the loss of the Challenger Space Shuttle and its seven person crew. The loss was particularly hard on the thousands of children following the adventures of Christa McAuliffe, our first "Teacher in Space".

Many of those children and others who knew Christa are making sure her memory lives on to this day. As a musician, I decided to join in that effort with a new music video -- my first. One night before the Challenger anniversary, the video has been completed.
You can see it at
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQSPBzn7JA

Before you get drawn into the video drama, I suggest just listening to the song at www.spiritualguy.com While you’re there, you can learn the full story of how "For Christa" came into being. Then come back to the video. See Christa’s beautiful spirit take wing again.

And if you feel inspired to, keep it soaring on.

With gratitude,

Jon West

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-01-28 19:06 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 07:58 am   Permalink

Impressive, very touching and affecting... with a message.
It brought back a rush of emotion about one of life's "I remember where I was, when..." moments.
It prompted me to find (on YouTube) Reagan's address to the country (written by Peggy Noonan), on the day of the disaster (I hadn't remembered that it was on the day that he was supposed to deliver his 'State of the Union' address to Congress).

"We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' to 'touch the face of God.'"

Tell your nephew, "Thanks".

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2011-01-27 08:00 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-28 7:10 pm   Permalink

Limbo Lizard, thank you so much for your post. You touched me. I remember the moment I realized it had happened. I had just had surgery the day before and was unable to get around yet. I woke and used the remote to turn on the TV and every channel was just showing the sky. Then it dawned on me the Challenger. After a moment someone started to speak and I started to cry. God Bless those who risk it all to reach those heights. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-08 08:57 am   Permalink

Bump...worth watching.

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 10:53 am   Permalink

It seems every generation has there moment when something horrible happens, and you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when the news broke, (like the Kennedy assasination)...

For me, I was a young serviceman in the US Army, but stationed at the Ford Island naval base in Hawaii, and had just returned from lunch at the Navy Galley there. As I was walking past the dayroom where people were watching TV, I noticed a commotion and sailors and soldiers running in there to see what was happening. I was stunned. Floored. It was so horrible and tragic I did not know what to think. Instead of taking the bus back to the barracks on the north side of the island, I decided to walk the long way around the airstrip. I found myself crying, which was a rare thing for someone like me who almost never cries.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-12 5:52 pm   Permalink

Thank you Lucas, its so sad to have seen so many tragedy's in our lifetime. I remember where I was too many times. Wendy

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation