FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tropic Isle, Culver City, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tropic Isle, Culver City, CA (restaurant)
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-21 9:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-21 19:03, Trader Tom wrote:
Here's one I've never seen before. The auction went a little high for me, but it's very cool nonetheless. Congrats to the new owner!

Stunning! I am in total disbelief! How could I have never seen such a mug in all these years!

As a matter of fact, I am in DENIAL - like totally! I flat out cannot accept this apparition and therefore convinced myself that this is a recent creation, fashioned from the menu rendering by some Tiki-Banksy, who jokingly added some "Spanish-style" dry ice pockets.

WHAT did the auction text say? WHERE did it come from? I don't believe a word of it!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-21 11:03 pm   Permalink

On 2011-03-21 21:09, bigbrotiki wrote:
Quote:

Stunning! I am in total disbelief! How could I have never seen such a mug in all these years!

As a matter of fact, I am in DENIAL - like totally! I flat out cannot accept this apparition and therefore convinced myself that this is a recent creation, fashioned from the menu rendering by some Tiki-Banksy, who jokingly added some "Spanish-style" dry ice pockets.

WHAT did the auction text say? WHERE did it come from? I don't believe a word of it!

Here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290545296240&si=9LZFMB2PZlvQnAlWTIvmbVY57FU%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_6782wt_1141

I would have been skeptical as well, but they had the following vintage unmarked Spurlin (if memory serves) Tiki Mug listed as well and both supposedly came out of an estate sale.

It went for $182.50 to a different bidder.

I don't know if the Tropic Isle mug is a Spurlin as well since it appears glossy, but the earth tone color is about the same. What do you guys think?

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation