FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Recipe for War God?
Recipe for War God?
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 10:10 am   Permalink

I was wondering if anyone could help me...I remember in an edition of Tiki Magazine there was a drink recipe for the War God served in the Steve Crane yellow Ku mug as was served in the Luau/Kon Tiki restaurants. Does anyone have the recipe...as I can't seem to find that recipe in any of my magazine copies. Thanks.

Aaron
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 10:20 pm   Permalink

War God
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
1/2 ounce falernum syrup
1/4 ounce sugar syrup
1 ounce amber Virgin Islands rum
1 ounce dark Jamaican rum
1 ounce 151-proof Demerara rum
6 drops (about 1/8 teaspoon) Herbsaint or Pernod
Dash Angostura bitters

8 ounces (1 cup) crushed ice

Put everything in a blender, saving ice for last. Blend at high speed for no more than 5 seconds. Pour into a War God mug, adding more ice to fill.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 12:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tiki San...It was driving me nuts..I went through every edition I have of Tiki Mag, and it must be in an edition I don't have.
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 4:19 pm   Permalink

No need for it to drive you nuts. It was right here, all along.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19070&forum=10&vpost=288750

And the Tiki Mag issue it appeared in was summer 2006, p 42.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-01 11:29 am   Permalink

Isn't that more-or-less a Jet Pilot minus the cinnamon syrup? While we're on the subject, was this originally a DTBC recipe, or perhaps just strongly influenced? Having found in the last year or so falernum and Lemon Hart 151, as well as making my own versions of Don's Mix and Spices, my favourite recipes are now mostly DTBC recipes. I'll be giving the War God a try very soon, but it sure sounds like a Don's recipe to me...

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-01 1:37 pm   Permalink

carrying that one step further-- isnt a jet pilot basically a zombie with extra cinnamon??

(this line of inquiry may be grounds for a whole nother thread...)

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-02-01 2:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-01 13:37, thePorpoise wrote:
carrying that one step further-- isnt a jet pilot basically a zombie with extra cinnamon??

(this line of inquiry may be grounds for a whole nother thread...)

This depends on what kind of Jet Pilot recipe you're using. If your Jet Pilot recipe is basically a Zombie recipe but with more cinnamon, then the answer is yes! Otherwise, no.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-01 2:58 pm   Permalink

aren't the jet pilot ingredients the same as the original DtB zombie punch, just with changes in the proportions?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-02-01 3:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-01 14:58, thePorpoise wrote:
aren't the jet pilot ingredients the same as the original DtB zombie punch, just with changes in the proportions?

The original Jet Pilot was actually a Donn Beach creation and was known as a Test Pilot. There is no cinnamon in it. Any other Jet Pilot was an attempt at recreating it or just a drink with a similar name. The Luau Jet Pilot IS almost the same as the Zombie Punch.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation