FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars I got a Tiki Bar in my basement.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
I got a Tiki Bar in my basement.
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-02-06 9:57 pm   Permalink

Obviously if in Ft Lauderdale the Mai Kai is a must-stop Being a HUGE Parrothead myself I noticed all the JB stuff right away and that kick-ass mixer on the bar (is that the single or the triple mixer--couldn't tell in the photo) I know JB isn't tiki, and we're not supposed to talk about that stuff here--just wanted to say I think you have a nice collection and it will be interesting to see how you blend all the tiki and JB stuff; I have the same dilemma: do I keep the collections separate or try to put them in the same space? I'll be watching to what you come up with! Thanks!!

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gold zephyr
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-02-10 10:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikitastic

when you describe how you got the idea for your bar, I could completely see how it all came together. It has some nice crusty layers of stuff. I wouldn't change anything about it if you enjoy it the way it is.

View Profile of gold zephyr Send a personal message to gold zephyr      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bobby A

Posted: 2011-02-11 07:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-06 21:57, liltikichef wrote:
Obviously if in Ft Lauderdale the Mai Kai is a must-stop Being a HUGE Parrothead myself I noticed all the JB stuff right away and that kick-ass mixer on the bar (is that the single or the triple mixer--couldn't tell in the photo) I know JB isn't tiki, and we're not supposed to talk about that stuff here--just wanted to say I think you have a nice collection and it will be interesting to see how you blend all the tiki and JB stuff; I have the same dilemma: do I keep the collections separate or try to put them in the same space? I'll be watching to what you come up with! Thanks!!

I am also a huge Parrothead. My basement manctuary is a blend of So-Cal surfing stuff, sprinkled with Jimmy and Tiki.

It might be against the 'rules' here, but I happen to love the way its shaping up and when people are over they feel like they are on vacation.

I have made updates and will be out to it this weekend. It is still a work in progress but you will be able to see the 'blend' I am talking about.

Pictures will follow.

Bobby A

View Profile of Bobby A Send a personal message to Bobby A  Email Bobby A     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-16 08:53 am   Permalink

Very cool bar!

Hang the code, and hang the rules. They're more like guidelines anyway.

Just a note. The "Finding Nemo" dvd has some cool aquarium loops for the tv!

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic2009

Posted: 2011-03-16 5:47 pm   Permalink

Hello All my very Tiki Friends,

I just got back from my two trips to San Diego and Fort Lauderdale. Here are pictures of the places I went. Bali Hai, MAI-KAI and The Da Big Kahuna. I got Tiki Mugs and other Tiki Decor to share with you and a photo tour of MAI-KAI in Fort Lauderdale a very cool place!

Mr. Bali Hai Tiki Mug from the Bali Hai Restaurant in San Diego.

Infront of the Bali Hai Restaurant.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Photo Tour of Mai Kai

Share this album with anyone by sending them this public link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=106504&l=0084d279ab&id=1387275221

Tiki Mug From the Big Kahuna

Very Tiki Treasure Found in Fort Lauderdale

Update Dated TIKITASTIC LOUNGE Pic's

Large fish tank I see! AKA The Projector.

Bali Hai Tiki Mugs and a Many Rums

The New Tiki Mugs a foot!!!!!!

Chinese Glass Floats be hanging

Coconut and Bamboo wind-chimes

Tiki Drinks at !5% F not to bad!!!! I great birthday gift from my wife!!!!

Thanks for all your posts and idea's please keep them coming!!!!!

Robby

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitastic2009 2011-03-16 21:28 ]

View Profile of Tikitastic2009 Send a personal message to Tikitastic2009  Email Tikitastic2009     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-16 10:21 pm   Permalink

Your place is looking great and that chiller....hmmmmm interesting, may have to splurge for that some day.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
faztiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-23 10:19 pm   Permalink

i would love to hang in that bar, but wouldnt call it tiki (yet). and who says it needs to be a tiki bar! call it 'ocean' or 'caribbean' or 'floridian' or 'bamboo and booze' and just enjoy all the stuff you've already got!

that Jaws pic is priceless!

View Profile of faztiki Send a personal message to faztiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBlues

Posted: 2011-03-29 12:27 am   Permalink

VERY cool lookin' place. Nice job mate.

View Profile of TikiBlues Send a personal message to TikiBlues      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 7:05 pm   Permalink

Quite cozy place.

View Profile of Polly Send a personal message to Polly  Goto the website of Polly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-29 7:51 pm   Permalink

When I went to Da Big Kahuna they did not have mugs yet and the waitress did not know if they were ever planning on getting them. Is it Ceramic? Thanks for uploading pics. When we go to Ft Lauderdale we go strait to the Mai Kai. I will have to give Da Big Kahuna another try.

View Profile of TikiB Send a personal message to TikiB  Email TikiB     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation