FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Bob art show at the Tonga Hut March 27 starting at 4pm.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki Bob art show at the Tonga Hut March 27 starting at 4pm.
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-02-01 7:25 pm   Permalink

Online Tiki Bob art show in Tiki Marketplace here: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39610&forum=12&start=last&1

The original.

Artwork inspired by Tiki Bob. Any medium accepted, and the amount of pieces is limited to the space available.

When you bring pieces to the show, we'll include as many as we can. One night only art show. The next night we will start the online virtual art show, so if you had pieces that we couldn't fit into the show, you can put them online to show/sell. If you want to have artwork at the Tonga Hut on March 27th, and can't make it to the Tonga Hut, send it to a friend and they are responsible for hanging/placing it in the show. Don't send to GROG. GROG not responsible for anybody else's crap.

The online show will be open to all artists everywhere, and will be a separate thread that GROG will start on Tiki Central on March 28th.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some examples of Tiki Bob inspired art that has already been done:

The original Tiki Bob Mug and and variations thereof. Plus, vintage Tiki Bob Salt and Pepper shakers

Hobbyist Bob mugs.

Eric October (Tobunga) plushy Bobs, and a keychain.

Bosko's Bobs

GROG' Salt and Pepper shakers and a Bob shot glass. Plus, Java Bob for your coffee.

Pdrake Earrings

Bai's Peanut Bob mug.

Squid's Baby Bob.

Notch's Roberto Loco.

Gecko's myriad of Bob incarnations.

MP's awesome Bob art.

Tshirt

Wendy Cevola Bob Bowl.

Tiki Bob Mirror Mosaic by Velvet Glass

Tiki Bob print by Peeler-Rose (on ebay now)

Wooden Tiki Bob purse (on ebay now)

Tiki Bob print by Dirk Yates

Hand carved hand painted Tiki Bob pendants by Lake Surfer.

Log Bob Tiki carved by BayPark Buzzy

mrsmiley and his Tiki Bob carving.

Tiki Diablo Bob carving for Aquarj.

Tiki Bub by PopTiki of Colorado

Still Life with Tiki Bob Mug by SHAG

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: 2011-03-10 15:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-03-28 17:38 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-01 9:35 pm   Permalink

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Grog always have great ideas!

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64

Posted: 2011-02-01 10:18 pm   Permalink

I'm in... I think...!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-01 10:33 pm   Permalink

cool idea Grog,
now Bob on this.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-02-02 03:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-01 22:33, bigtikidude wrote:
cool idea Grog,
now Bob on this.

Jeff(btd)

Wow BTD, GROG not know you swung that way! Sorry BTD, GROG heterosexual, so leave GROG out of your sexual fantasies.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-02 04:31 am   Permalink

This should be a great show!

Ooga Mooga made it pretty easy to see where you stand on the Bob issue with these t-shirts:

I think it goes without saying that Team Bob would win, though.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-02-02 09:42 am   Permalink

Sounds like a fun art show! Here's some more to add to the above "examples" collection.

The infamous limited edition Tiki Bob pendants from Mojo. I think Pablus had something to do with the Grumpy Bob.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-02 03:10, GROG wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 22:33, bigtikidude wrote:
cool idea Grog,
now Bob on this.

Jeff(btd)

Wow BTD, GROG not know you swung that way! Sorry BTD, GROG heterosexual,
so leave GROG out of your sexual fantasies.

You're bald head drives me wild Groggy.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-02-02 11:26 am   Permalink

Sorry BTD, GROG bald head just SO sexy, EVERYONE want to have sex with GROG. Men, women, some types of animals. It GROG' curse.

Thanks everybody who like GROG idea for art show. GROG looking forward to seeing what all the artists come up with. You've got two months people to finish your art.
And remember, even if you live out of town, out of state, or out of the country, you can still be in the online art show starting the next day in a new thread on Tiki Central.

GROG

Posted: 2011-02-02 12:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hakalugi for posting another example of Bob inspired art that has already been done. Here's a couple more:

"Bobolantern" mug by GROG. The damned orange underglaze kept flaking off, so GROG destroyed the piece.

A Tiki Bob oil pastel by Bai for the Tiki Magazine Planet Routh art show. These are the only photos GROG could find of it and they were tiny.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 2:46 pm   Permalink

Grog does 180 on Tiki Bob???????? wow. who knew...

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 2:56 pm   Permalink

Hmmm...5 hour drive for a show featuring my favorite tiki icon of all time. I just may come back to check this dealio out .

Great idea for an art show Grog!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-02 3:43 pm   Permalink

Great plan GROG. I, like everyone else, have pondered Bob inspired ideas. This is a good excuse to get them out of the sketchbook and into reality

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 4:03 pm   Permalink

Count me in on the web-post starting March 28th.

Like MDM above, I have several Tiki Bob ideas that I have not made into art projects yet. Hmm.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 5:41 pm   Permalink

YES!!!!!

I've got some TIki Bob ideas I've been itching to get started... now's a good time!

Awesome idea, Grog!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation