FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Bob art show at the Tonga Hut March 27 starting at 4pm.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki Bob art show at the Tonga Hut March 27 starting at 4pm.
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-27 2:59 pm   Permalink

Eric, i shouldnt even bother showing up with my works..those pieces are amazing!!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-27 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-27 14:07, tobunga wrote:

Nice!

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-27 4:08 pm   Permalink

Eric, that display is genius!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-27 4:11 pm   Permalink

Great job everyone!!!!! Wish I could be there, but gotta get Mojave done in the final stretch, good luck to everyone!

Grog, great job putting this on!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-27 4:12 pm   Permalink

Great Zombies Cass!

Eric, your creativity is always THE BEST! The sign even lights up!

Have a great nite tonite everyone!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-27 9:31 pm   Permalink

Just picture Kong Bob sitting next to the Tiki Bob street corner. What a special pair that makes, you two guys both are rock stars! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 1:32 pm   Permalink

GROG -

Do I post my painting here or will there be another thread for the online Tiki Bob artshow? Thanks, G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 2:35 pm   Permalink

Ok! I raced home from work, switched on the computer & went right to this thread to see the pics, and......nuthin! You people are slacking! Maybe you are still in your rum & Tiki Bob induced comas? Please post pics. I'll be checking back every 2 1/2 minutes!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-28 3:04 pm   Permalink

GROG will start a new thread in Tiki Marketplace (GROG put a link to it here) for the online Tiki Bob art show. TC was down this morning when GROG try to get on, then GROG had to go to Dr. and then run some errands. So, now GROG home and will get started on other thread. Gotta download some pics first. Whatever $$ GROG made last night GROG spent on gas this morning. GROG fill auto up and gas is over $4 a gallon!

It was a good turnout last night at the Tonga Hut, and seemed like all the artists sold well and stuff was priced to move. Thanks Kelly for the special drinks, DJ Audrey for the great music, and Jeremy for the use of the Hut. Thanks for all who came out and thanks to all the artists who participated. And thanks Stephen Sandoval (Tobor64) for the DELICIOUS Kalua pork!!

Thanks to the people who bought GROG' crap that was available. PRIMITIVE BOB and CUTESY BOB will go up on ebay, and GROG will have a link to the ebay auction in the online show. Next time GROG won't sell any pieces before the show, so there will be more original hand-made pieces available at the show.

There are a few of the hanging pieces left at the Tonga Hut if you missed the show and want to swing by the Tonga Hut.

Thanks again everybody. GROG will be vending at the Tiki Magazine release party at the Bahooka Sunday, April 10th, so GROG try and get some more on-ofs done before then.

Here's a link to the on-line show:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39610&forum=12&start=last&1

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-03-28 17:35 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64

Posted: 2011-03-28 3:06 pm   Permalink

I don't know about anyone else but TC was down for me for the better part of this morning, so if anyone else had issues maybe that's why the posts are slow in coming.

Now that I have access again, and in the interests of not disappointing the Big Kahuna, here's my piece from last night's show titled "Future Bob" :

This is my imagining of Tiki Bob's resurrection sometime in the (hopefully) not too distant future & its subsequent centuries of success after that. And the secret of that success? Why, the ever popular "Lingerie Lunch" of course.

The image size is 16" x 22" and is much clearer than is shown. It's printed on high quality heavy paper and is a limited edition of 20. The price is $60.00 per print plus insured shipping so PM me if you're interested.

We didn't take any pictures last night at The Tonga Hut but I'm sure they're on their way. A great night as usual with lots of incredible mugs, music, food & friends. Thanks again to Kelly, Jeremy, DJ Audrey and especially GROG for putting together a great show!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-03-28 3:20 pm   Permalink

You've been working on Futurama too long. All your artwork is either extreme upshots or extreme downshots.
( It's Rich Moore's fault.)

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 3:37 pm   Permalink

I really like that!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-28 4:59 pm   Permalink

Grog, are we to wait until you have the link to Marketplace set up? Wendy

Torbor64 I see who was holding Tiki Bob in her tenticles in this picture. Not at all from the deep blue sea. I like the extreme up-shot view. Good work, Wendy

ps I put you on the list, thank you

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 5:06 pm   Permalink

Tobor64 - I really dig this latest piece...awesome man!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 5:25 pm   Permalink

Wow- EEE!!!
Impossible to even slightly dislike ANY of these pieces. Everyone really threw it down!
Viva los Bobs!

"Exotica Album of the Year"
2011 Hawaii Music Awards~!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation