FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » NYC: Primativa in Hi-Fi brings Exotica to PKNY in NYC every Tuesday
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
NYC: Primativa in Hi-Fi brings Exotica to PKNY in NYC every Tuesday
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-05 2:18 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Beginning this Tuesday, February 8, we’re spinning old-school Exotica at PKNY from 6 - 11 (no cover/drink specials!).

The finest Tiki Cocktails and stereophonic Exotic Sounds on that most special island, Manhattan.

-Jack & Gina

PKNY New York City
49 Essex Street
New York, NY 10002
(212) 777-TIKI
http://www.pk-ny.com/

[ This Message was edited by: tabuzak 2011-02-14 07:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tabuzak 2011-06-13 07:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tabuzak 2011-06-13 07:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tabuzak 2011-06-13 07:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tabuzak 2011-06-13 07:16 ]

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2011-02-08 5:53 pm   Permalink

Wish I could be there......play a John Barry(R.I.P.) tune for me

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-14 06:52 am   Permalink

Aloha! If you're in the NYC area, please join DJs Jack Fetterman and Gina of the Jungle this Tuesday, February 15 for “Primativa in Hi-Fi” at Painkiller NYC. Gather some friends and share outstanding tiki cocktails as the romantic sound of Classic Exotica transports you to our special island. Doors open at 6, Exotica spins until 11. No cover, see you there!

http://www.painkillernyc.com/

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-14 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-08 17:53, Rum Runner wrote:
Wish I could be there......play a John Barry(R.I.P.) tune for me

We wish you could have been here, too.

The early set included Arthur Lyman's "Born Free" just for you!

Cheers,
G

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-05 10:37 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Celebrate Fat Tuesday, March 8, with us and Kiki Tiki at Painkiller NYC!

Join us in the hedonistic hideaway that is the back room at PK for a night of pure tiki decadence. Wear a Mardi Gras mask, get a lil' somethin' from us. Kiki has organized a pot luck soirée for the back room: bring some snacks to share, say "aloha!" to friends old and new, and prepare to enjoy the most amazing tiki drinks and exotica in good ole NYC!

Jack & Gina

[ This Message was edited by: tabuzak 2011-03-05 10:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tabuzak 2011-03-05 10:45 ]

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-15 11:19 am   Permalink

Gina of the Jungle and I are on again tonight (Tuesday, March 15) at Painkiller NYC, filling the room with Exotica from 6:00 until our tiki torches wane...

Come by and enjoy the real tiki cocktails with the real music for them!

tripower
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-16 09:08 am   Permalink

Great meeting you guys last night, sorry if I talked your ears off... The music and drinks were killer. (this jet pilot is now grounded!)

View Profile of tripower Send a personal message to tripower      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-16 5:08 pm   Permalink

Oh no, not at all. We love talking music, tiki and cocktails! Always good to meet like minded whatever-we-ares.

Heh! Hope you are kidding about being a grounded jet pilot. Please fly in again soon. I think I set a few altitude records myself last night. The Jet Pilots are awe-inspiring. So was that cooler made with black strap rum. I think it might have been called a Guatemala cooler? - and you need to specify black strap rum.

Then there's the Luau Mist...

Jack

tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 08:50 am   Permalink

Gina of the Jungle and I are on again tonight (Tuesday, March 29) at Painkiller NYC, filling the room with Exotica from 6:00 until the tiki mugs are dry...

Come by and enjoy the finest tiki cocktails enhanced by the finest exotic sounds!

-Jack

tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 5:31 pm   Permalink

What a busy week for us here at Primativa in Hi-Fi!

We just got back from Boston where we co-DJed with Brother Cleve for the jam packed WAITIKI Festival of Music & Cocktail, featuring three sets of live entertainment by the Waitiki 7. What a night of Exotica music and drink!

Tomorrow (Tuesday April 12) we are back at our home gig, Primiativa in Hi-fi at Painkiller NYC. Stop in for your weekly dose of the finest Exotic sounds and drink the forbidden isle of Manhattan has to offer.

Cheers!

Jack & Gina

Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 2:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-11 17:31, tabuzak wrote:
Tomorrow (Tuesday April 12) we are back at our home gig, Primiativa in Hi-fi at Painkiller NYC. Stop in for your weekly dose of the finest Exotic sounds and drink the forbidden isle of Manhattan has to offer.

Sorry folks: No Exotica at PAINKILLER tonight ;-(

PK is closed this evening to prep for a super-last-minute private party. We'll be back on Tuesday April 19th, just in time to help alleviate all post-tax day pains.

And if you can't wait that long to hear us, please join us this Friday for The LOUNGE, an evening of cocktails, music and dance. $45 admission includes top-shelf open bar all night.
http://www.thesalon.biz/

The LOUNGE event on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158284437565481

Cheers,
Gina and Jack

tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-15 06:51 am   Permalink

Here's a tip for anyone considering stopping by the above-mentioned Salon party in NYC tonight (Friday, April 15)and you should!:

The bar in the lounge is presided over by master mixologist, Fredo Ceraso. There are several bars in this open bar event. This is the one you will want the most. ; -)

http://www.thesalon.biz/

-Jack

monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-25 10:37 am   Permalink

Hope this is happening Tuesday, May 3 when I'm in NYC. Sounds super fun!

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-25 11:00 am   Permalink

We will be there. Welcome!

tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 2:59 pm   Permalink

Primativa In Hi-Fi at Painkiller NYC is happening right now!

49 Essex Street at Grand

Never a cover. Always the best in Exotica and Tiki cocktail.

Come on down!

-Jack

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation