FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Classic Polynesian restaurants and their signature cocktails
Classic Polynesian restaurants and their signature cocktails
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-07 07:12 am   Permalink

I know many of the classic Polynesian restaurants had a "signature cocktail" for their establishments. Many of these cocktails were closely guarded secrets as we all know but others are well known recipes that have become standards today. I seems to me that many of these signature cocktails often came in a logo mug. I was recently down in my home bar having a beer (man cannot live on rum alone) and was looking at my mug collection. I started to wonder what cocktail went into each mug. I also just obtained a Kona Kai logo mug and had the same question. The Bum has done an awesome job of cataloging and resurrecting many of these drinks but I would like to know which cocktail goes with which mug. My menu collection is on the small side so I thought maybe some of the other members of TC could do a bit of menu archeology and help with a list. As can be seen I have some time on my hands at the moment. I'm not sure how this will work out or if this is even in the right category thread. Just an idea on a cold winter day. Thanks.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-07 09:04 am   Permalink

That seems to me that it would be a nice addition to Ooga-Mooga - listing the name of the signature cocktail with the mug details. - Or wait, maybe they already do that?

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2011-02-07 09:16 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 5:22 pm   Permalink

If you know the name of the restaurant, you can look up the cocktail menu at Arkiva Tropika.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-08 17:22, MrBaliHai wrote:
If you know the name of the restaurant, you can look up the cocktail menu at Arkiva Tropika.

A Mr. Bali Hai goes in one of these!

The missing one is Kate's. Kisses Kate. Thinkin' of ya babe.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 7:35 pm   Permalink

I had this same thought a few days ago. I know a derby daiquiri goes in that awesome cocktail glass with the little dude But it'll be a long time before I get to enjoy that combo.

Mr Bali Hai - cool link.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation