FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Bong's Birthday Bonanaza at Don the Beachcomber 2/26/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Tiki Bong's Birthday Bonanaza at Don the Beachcomber 2/26/11
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 1:16 pm   Permalink

Weather looking better than the hurricane or the blizzard that the Weather Channel was predicting for Saturday/today.

Time for some Rum Barrels!

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 2:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-26 10:12, Luckydesigns wrote:
TONIGHT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpaS2v-r7cE

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 2:40 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyj1JSBv4Ks

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 5:58 pm   Permalink

leavin soon.
anybody goin early?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 08:52 am   Permalink

Wish we coulda been there for this can't wait to see the pic's!!!!

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 8:09 pm   Permalink

Good times at Don The Beachcomber, last night! Here are just a few of the many pictures that were taken, last night. The rain kept some away, but we still had a packed house!

Jungle Ginger and Doug

We had our former bassist and immeasurable musical talent, Lucas Vigor, singing backups and playing an assortment of percussion goodies last night.

The drinks were flowin'! Jungle Ginger and ATP

Lucas on the bongos!

The drum solo during Kahuna! That was our first time playing the song live in southern California. It's a show stopper because of Dom and Christian's antics!

The bass solo during Kahuna!

The birthday feller got a new stand for his set list.

Christian doing his best wabbit impersonation.

All in all, a super fun night of music and friends in Southern California's premiere tiki establishment! Hopefully HB Tiki will post his pics too! And yeah, thanks again to our friends from Canada who tipped us generously enough to play another set! That really made the night!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2011-02-27 20:11 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 8:25 pm   Permalink

Fun night, the Hula Girls sounded fantastic!!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 8:48 pm   Permalink

Goodtimes last night while I was there.
I left after 1st set, to see another show in LA.
It was just so so,
I wish I had Stayed at Dons.

Happy B-day Bong!

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 9:30 pm   Permalink

Wish you woulda stayed too, Jeff! There was some dancing going on towards the end of the night. I know how you LOVE dancing!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 11:25 pm   Permalink

Now that the very popular band, Flyer, is playing in the LongBoard Room, parking at Don's on Friday & Saturday is not as plentiful as it use to be. Buy, hey, the Hula Girls and their hulabilly are worth the walk from the Peters Landing parking lot.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 01:18 am   Permalink

That was so much fun! Can we celebrate Bong's Birthday every weekend? Good drinks, good friends, and the fabulous sounds of the Hula Girls. Stacey and I will be your back up Hula Girls dancers anytime! ATP and Doug Horne were not quite as graceful as us, but they gave it a whirl.
Great pics Dinah - as always you looked adorable.

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 07:37 am   Permalink

What a blast! The new songs the Hula Girls played are totally AWESOME! (This was the first time I heard them played!) and Christian and Dom's bass/drum solo was killer!
They sounded so good that the audience demanded a 3rd set!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 08:44 am   Permalink

Hey there was no Lucas Vigor at the FI show.

I want my money back !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation