FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food what are your favorite drinks that use coconut or coconut rum?
what are your favorite drinks that use coconut or coconut rum?
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 11:10 am   Permalink

made my first Painkiller last night, which I enjoyed although it reminds of a pina colada. Have never had Pussers rum, but I noticed all the reviews describe it as having a scotch flavor, so I used 1 oz of Ron Pampero Aniversario (which has a scotchy taste to me) and 2 oz of Ron del Barrilito (which has a bourbon taste to me).

made my wife a Leilani volcano (Disney version? with guava juice) which she loved.

Looking for more ideas for coconut drinks.

thanks.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 1:11 pm   Permalink

I love the Bum's "Coconaut", myself.

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-02-09 07:48 am   Permalink

OK, this is a simple one, but using coconut rum in a standard rum-and-coke is a nice change.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 09:00 am   Permalink

Not having coconut rum handy, I did "make" some by blending 1 part coconut cream to 3 parts light rum. turned out nicely.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 12:46 pm   Permalink

The Randola*

Equal parts

Coconut rum
Passion fruit liqueur
Pineapple juice

Shake with ice and strain into glass

* Probably has another name. I call it this after the nickname of someone who loves this drink. The name is usually adjusted to the color of the passion fruit liqueur. Using HypnotQ results in a Blue Randola.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 9:20 pm   Permalink

I really like the kama'aina.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Emetiki

Posted: 2011-02-16 05:44 am   Permalink

This is another super simple drink but pretty darn tasty. It's basically a Black Russian, just swap out the vodka for Coconut Rum...Kahlua and Coconut Rum, yum!

View Profile of Emetiki Send a personal message to Emetiki  Email Emetiki Goto the website of Emetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-16 06:43 am   Permalink

My favorite drink for coconut rum has got to be Cayman Island Rum Punch.

Back in the 1970s or early 1980s the Cayman Island tourism board wanted to have a signature island drink, that tourists could order in any bar on the island and get the same great drink. So they had a contest, then gave this winning recipe to all the bars on the island.

Cayman Island Rum Punch
3 parts Orange juice
3 parts Pineapple juice
1 part Guava nectar
1 part Dark rum*
1 part Coconut rum*
1 small dash of grenadine syrup

Mix or gently shake the first 5 ingredients with ice and pour into a double old fashioned glass. Add a dash of grenadine and garnish with a cherry.

*I use Jamaican rum, they say to use Cayman island rum. However I later found out Cayman island rum is made in Jamaica, no sugar cane is grown on Cayman island.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation