FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Mark Mywords' Walls of Voodoo (updated 6/2/14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Mark Mywords' Walls of Voodoo (updated 6/2/14)
markmywords
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-01 09:44 am   Permalink

6/1/14: De-tikification continues.

How the hell do you move a tiki oil-lamp without making a complete mess?

Tiki Room (some assembly required)

Taking down float lamp,floats, mugs and mug shelves this morning. taking down wall/ceiling coverings this afternoon.

-mmw

View Profile of markmywords Send a personal message to markmywords      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-01 09:53 am   Permalink

love your bamboo window cover did you make that? looks like the window at the enchanted tiki room!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
markmywords
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-01 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-01 09:53, Pele Paul wrote:
love your bamboo window cover did you make that? looks like the window at the enchanted tiki room!!!!

Thanks! Yep, I built them. I'm a little sad that I never got the chance to build the same type of covering for the sliding door. Check out page 2 of this thread, it shows their construction.

[ This Message was edited by: markmywords 2014-06-01 10:35 ]

View Profile of markmywords Send a personal message to markmywords      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-01 4:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-01 10:34, markmywords wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-06-01 09:53, Pele Paul wrote:

Thanks! Yep, I built them. I'm a little sad that I never got the chance to build the same type of covering for the sliding door. Check out page 2 of this thread, it shows their construction.

[ This Message was edited by: markmywords 2014-06-01 10:35 ]

wow!!!!!!!!!!!! how did I miss that!??? right click, right click, right click!!!!!!! awesome now Ive got some windows to make!!! lol love love love em!!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
markmywords
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-02 08:03 am   Permalink

Well, it's done. The last material remnants of the Walls of Voodoo were pulled from the drywall (with needlenose pliers) at 10:48pm 6/1/14. Here's pics from the wrap up...

Bare, empty tiki room

You know, the whole thing didn't seem real until I started taking down the ceiling. It really brought back memories of the original build and made me genuinely sad. This tiki-room got me through some really tough times in my life.

Oh, furring strips. Out of everything, you fought me the most during tear down.

What a mess

It was late, and it was almost like the room was fighting my attempts to finish up. This happened when I tried to pry a nail out of the wall. Ugh.

And that's it! Tiki-be-gone!

Looking forward to the new build at the new house. The room is bigger, but has it's own challenges. The new room is very tall (13' ceilings), which will be interesting. For me, a good tiki room should be sort of claustrophobic. Anybody have tips for making high ceilings work in a tiki environment?

On the good side, the new room is way better situated in the house (the original WOV was downstairs in a tri-level floorplan, away from the kitchen and family room). It has room enough for a built in bar. It should be an exciting adventure building the new space!

[ This Message was edited by: markmywords 2014-06-02 08:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: markmywords 2014-06-02 11:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: markmywords 2014-06-02 11:20 ]

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-02 09:33 am   Permalink

Sad, but to me, the building is more fun than the just hanging out.

Your next bar will be 10X better.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-02 10:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-02 09:33, Longboard wrote:
Sad, but to me, the building is more fun than the just hanging out.

Your next bar will be 10X better.

-Longboard

I agree, the building part is the best!!! that's why I had to move! I was so bored with my old house and yard that I went stir-crazy! cant wait to see the new improved wall of voodoo!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation