FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
The Hukilau 2011 Official Thread & Announcement!
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-20 7:36 pm   Permalink

Mermaids....Monkeys.....Monsters.....Surf Guitar....it was all there at The Hukilau on the 2nd Day. Killah Performances by Medusirena and her M-Pod Aquaticats, The Intoxicators, Grinder Nova, The Disasternauts and The Exotics. Here is a quick peek at the happenings:

Lost In Paradise: The Hukilau Day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hSNFw7EE7s

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ChrisPFlorida
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-22 10:42 am   Permalink

Memories, photos and stories from The Hukilau 2011 at Tiki Lounge Talk

http://tikiloungetalk.com/2011/06/22/memories-of-the-hukilau-2011-ft-lauderdale-fl/

View Profile of ChrisPFlorida Send a personal message to ChrisPFlorida  Email ChrisPFlorida Goto the website of ChrisPFlorida     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-23 07:25 am   Permalink

Here's our blog post covering our first trip to the Hukilau.

http://vintageroadtrip.blogspot.com/2011/06/vintage-roads-hits-hukilau.html

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-23 3:54 pm   Permalink

Also had a wonderful time at my first Hukilau. The bands were great and the Mai-Kai was amazing. Ft. Lauderdale is a beautiful and strange city in a beautiful and strange state!

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-24 2:51 pm   Permalink

'Rum Rat Pack' starts a revolution at Hukilau 2011

Tropical drink revivalist Jeff "Beachbum" Berry and his "Rum Rat Pack" – four of the world’s most noted authorities on the cane spirit – banded together on stage at the legendary Mai-Kai restaurant in Fort Lauderdale during the afternoon of Saturday, June 12, to celebrate Tiki’s favorite elixir.

More than two hours and a thousand or so cocktails later, the 200 Tikiphiles attending this 10th anniversary Hukilau exclusive event were swept up in a movement not seen in these parts of the tropics since Fidel’s rise to power in another rum-soaked nation just to the south. But in the friendly environs of The Mai-Kai, which actually pre-dates Castro’s revolt by several years, the revolutionaries were armed only with good spirits. Lots of good spirits.

Click on the link below for more photos and our exhaustive recap of the event ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2011/06/23/rum-rat-pack-starts-a-revolution-at-hukilau-2011/

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-26 11:21 am   Permalink

Lost In Paradise: The Hukilau at the Mai-Kai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO43Vw_Yefs

Mahaloz and Cheers!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 09:43 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the video documentation, future generations of sociologists will thank you!

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-05 8:56 pm   Permalink

Sorry for the late reply, it usually takes me a while to readjust to life, get back to work and get organized after managing this event over the past year. It surely doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking about what an incredible experience this year truly was.

Thanks to everyone that came out to show your support this year. Thanks to our vendors that brought all the great items and that worked all weekend to please our attendees. To my wonderful staff - Amy, John, Dave, Brian, Jim, Mike - I know you guys gave so much of yourselves during the past year to see that things went off without a hitch and it showed. All of our marvelous entertainers - Tikiyaki Orchestra, The Fisherman, Exotics, The Intoxicators!, The Disasternauts, Grinder Nova.

Special mention to Lewis Bailey who helped us out all weekend - you are a lifesaver!

The mezmerizing Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid was dazzling as always.

Jeff "Beachbum" Berry and the Rum Rat Pack - Martin Cate, Steve Remsberg, Ian Burrell and Wayne Curtis were revolutionary!!

Paul Roe from Britishink Tattoo in DC gave us a marvelous look at Hawaii and Old School Tattoos.

Vintage Roadside completely floored me with their wonderful symposium on Aquarama - it was great that there was a Fort Lauderdale connection and that they had taken the family to the Mai-Kai!! That 8mm footage was spectacular!

DJ's Jack Fetterman and Gina of the Jungle played the best of Exotica and Lounge Laura Taylor and Drew Farmer were on hand to add some great tunes too - thanks so much for continuing the weekends soundtrack.

All of our volunteers worked with us to make it a success as always.

And the Mai-Kai was as majestic as always, beckoning to all of us to stay, stay....

It was wonderful to have my 3 minutes with Pablus backstage during the mixologist challenge - and my 2 kisses and run throughout the weekend.

My great conversations and time spent with my good friend Jonpaul from LA. Wouldn't take anything for it!

All of it was grand and I am so honored to have spent that weekend with all of you!!

Looking forward to next year!

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2011-07-05 21:23 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-11 2:40 pm   Permalink

Where's The Hukilau 2012 Thread?????

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-16 11:14 am   Permalink

As soon as our new site is ready we will certainly launch a thread! Mahalo!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation