FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts SWIZ - Mugs 'n' Stuff....artwork frames.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
SWIZ - Mugs 'n' Stuff....artwork frames.
Heath
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-07-01 7:18 pm   Permalink

Or this guy, local San Diego radio personality and all around nice guy, Tim Pyles.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-24 02:06 am   Permalink

Thanks Heath for the mug purchase and thanks to everyone else who commented.

Hamo, i can see the resemblance. I need to find one of those straw hats to fit the mug.

=============================================================================

Weather has been pretty miserable and because i have to work outside i haven't been doing much although i did finish a new Witco 'style' flower, a Plumeria/Frangipani.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-24 06:35 am   Permalink

Wow the two flowers you are doing are so different yet cohesive. Wonderful.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-10 08:17 am   Permalink

Thanks Wendy.

=========================================================

Found these replica brass ship lights at a thrift store a few weeks ago.

Made some backing boards for them.....

..... and then had them wired up with coloured LEDs.

So stoked with how they turned out.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-10 09:15 am   Permalink

SwizTastic

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-16 6:23 pm   Permalink

I bought some new artwork recently and just got around to making some frames for them.

This first one is a piece by Derek Yaniger. Sadly an original painting is out of my budget but i was able to afford an original drawing. I've had the sea grass material for quite a while now but this is the first time i've used it for anything. The frame is pretty simple but i think it's very effective and looks great.

The second is from an artist i follow on Instagram called Eddy Crosby. I initially bought the redhead on the left and when i went to pick it up from him i had the idea to turn it into a triptych and basically 'finish' the scene. I sketched out the layout and told Eddy exactly what i wanted in it and he nailed it perfectly.

And here's a close up pic of each painting.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-17 06:23 am   Permalink

Looks great

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation