FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » SWIZ....MUGS 'N' STUFF. Same same but different.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
SWIZ....MUGS 'N' STUFF. Same same but different.
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-30 01:47 am   Permalink

His name is Murray Agrotis ATP but he is not a member of this forum nor does he have a website. You can find him on Facebook though. The funny thing is he is an amazing ceramicist and yet he calls himself an airbrush artist, which he is very good at too.

That mug is his Wendy. We did a trade where he gave me a few of the bulls for a version of each of my first mug design. We do plan on working on a collaboration at some stage.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-30 02:14 am   Permalink

Thanks, I hope you keep posting more of his work, someone to watch out for.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 01:54 am   Permalink

(I started this post last night and my computer crashed so i didn't come back to finish it. I have no idea why it posted. Edited to update it with photos this time.).

So since my last post i've pretty much been making different colour versions of my previous work although i do have a couple of new pieces which you'll see further down.

Instead of trying to remember and show posts in order i'm just going to post pics of each piece and the different versions/colours.

First a couple of Colonel Peek-a-boo's.

This one has a volcano from a new piece you'll see in a moment.

Next are a few more Lance Corporal Stoney's.

This one was a custom piece.

Kustom Lane gallery is moving to new premises and all Australian artists that have exhibited there before have been asked to contribute one piece for the opening exhibition and this will be mine. When i first made this design i had the idea to cut the mouth out of it and a section out the back where i could put a small aquarium pump and i finally got around to it. The pump fits ok but i had a lot of problems getting a hose to fit so that the water flows out the mouth. It does work but i'm going to have to play around with it to get it working exactly how i want. Unfortunately i can't post a video here so i can't show it in action although the last photo was taken with it running so you can just see the water in the mouth.

Hard to tell from the pic but the mouth is cut out.

This is a new piece i've made. Sometimes you don't want to share so who said you can't have your own volcano bowl. Brigadier VF1.

And here is another new design. I left the design fairly simple so that i could customise them if i want straight from the mold. So far i've only glazed a few but i have some more ready to go. Also, after glazing these few i removed a section from the mold as it was making it difficult to clean up the overspill of glaze when glazng the inside so the next lot to come don't have the curved recess (right up the top in the middle). He's not very big and although he is bigger than a shot glass, that is what it was actually designed for.
This is Corporal Punishment.

I also have made a few goblet versions using the Colonel Peek-a-boo bowl for the top and i made a seperate base to make it more stable. So far i've only glazed these two but have a few more ready. I'm quite happy with this design. The first one was a birthday gift.

This one i'm keeping.

That's it at the moment.

Cheers
swizzle

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2014-02-01 00:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2014-02-01 00:48 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 07:55 am   Permalink

I really love all the glazes you use on your mugs (the ones you post up on Facebook).

New work is looking good!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-01 12:22 am   Permalink

Thanks SandraDee. There should have been photos when you commented but it posted for some reason before i'd finished when my computer freaked out.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-02 07:44 am   Permalink

Wow

Awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-02 08:26 am   Permalink

Now that's a real art show. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-24 07:26 am   Permalink

Great work here.
For me it's all about the glaze and details in these mugs.
Your mugs shine in these areas.
Don't know why some mug makers, many in fact seam to never get the cool glaze
thing down.
Great works!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›•:*TIKISKIP™*:•:*MAKES*:•:*FLOAT*:•:*LIGHTS*:•‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›

__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-24 7:03 pm   Permalink

Thank you hang10tiki and Wendy.

And thank you too tikiskip. Admittedly i still have a lot of issues with glazing so to hear that is huge compliment. When it works i'm generally very happy with the results but unfortunately it doesn't happen as often as i'd like.

While i'm here this is the only thing i have to show at the moment. I haven't had any motivation lately, especially with it being summer here and i hate hot weather so i have a table full of bisqued pieces ready to glaze. There's also a bunch more Bob'O'Nuts stored elsewhere waiting too.

And i bought some beads and made another skull pendant. The first lot i made had a hole in the top centre and when you wear them they have a habit of flipping around so the next few i made i put a hole on both sides and now they stay put. And look much better too i think.

Cheers
swizzle

P.S. Thanks again for the kudos tikiskip. And everyone else who comments on my thread.

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-24 10:18 pm   Permalink

I agree with Skip. Really nice glazes. Very smooth and even. Airbrush, or an extremely deft hand on this man called swizzle??

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-25 06:27 am   Permalink

"especially with it being summer here and i hate hot weather"
I'll trade ya!
Oh what I would give for some hot, HOT weather.

"Admittedly i still have a lot of issues with glazing"
Yeah but ya don't show those.
Not every light I make is a winner.

Now get busy, we only have so much time on this world to make our mark.
PS I love that crusty barnacle look.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-25 6:52 pm   Permalink

Love your Bob'O'Nuts.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-25 7:12 pm   Permalink

Agree w/ all above- great work! I'm also curious re: application (as Bowana asked earlier)...

Look forward to seeing more!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-22 10:52 pm   Permalink

Dig Bob-0

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-24 06:34 am   Permalink

All these mugs look great.

I am going to have to log onto my home computer and really see what these look like.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation