FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts SWIZ - Mugs 'n' Stuff....Wall hanging.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
SWIZ - Mugs 'n' Stuff....Wall hanging.
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-21 11:24 am   Permalink

Love your latest piece, you are such an original, love how you come up with new designs every time.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-22 05:59 am   Permalink

Thank you Will, bamalamalu and hiltiki.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-22 2:01 pm   Permalink

Strong work SwiZ

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-23 10:38 am   Permalink

Great concept.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 12:41 am   Permalink

Thanks hiltiki.

A mixed bag of results with this weeks firing which included a bit of glaze experimenting including the centre and right skull which i think turned out great.

And these Tangata Manu's i had issues with in their first firing so i had to try to salvage them, and although they both still do have a couple of minor flaws (which you might not even notice unless i pointed them out), i'm very happy with the results.

The flower is there on this one to hide what is the worst of the problems i had (a section of the foot broke off) but even though the repair job i did was successful and not really that noticeable at all, the hibiscus completely covers it and also adds a whole new element to the piece which i think looks great and really makes it pop.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 18 days ago; 08:04 am   Permalink

I have always loved this bird. You have done such an excellent sculpt and a hard one too. I'm impressed that you could make this work. Beautiful. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 15 days ago; 11:35 am   Permalink

Now this is a beauty and I want one.

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 8:48 pm   Permalink

Me too! Nice job on the camouflage.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 5:34 pm   Permalink

Outstanding

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 9:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wendy. This design certainly wasn't without any challenges and after all the time i had put into it i was determined to make it work.

Thanks hiltiki and bamalamalu. I'm not making many of these at all so if you are interested in one then message me and let me know.

==========================================================================

Recently i had a mug collapse in the mold but instead of scrapping it i thought i'd salvage the face and turned it into this. All these pics were taken outside and the second pic was taken as it was starting to get dark outside and the third when it was completely dark. Obviously in a room it's going to need some other ambient light around it to still be able to see the entire thing properly. I had no idea how well the blue light was going show but i'm pretty happy with the result.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation