FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » SWIZ - Mugs 'n' Stuff....a few more "Witco" style hibiscus finished.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
SWIZ - Mugs 'n' Stuff....a few more "Witco" style hibiscus finished.
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-20 10:08 am   Permalink

Oooh, look at these beauties that I got.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-01 12:48 pm   Permalink

And look at this beauty I got!

Sometimes it pays to ask (or: sometimes when you ask, you get to pay! ) The cost of shipping from Australia? Worth every penny!

This baby arrived a few days ago and I couldn't be happier.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-26 02:49 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comments everyone and thanks for the photos hiltiki and bamalamalu.

==================================================================================

Here's my latest mug for one of my most favourite bars here in Melbourne, the Gin Palace, and the drink for this mug will be their gin zombie which is awesome. I'm working on some test glazes at the moment however it will most likely be purple inside and out as that's the bars colour along with gold which i'm going to try to incorporate into it somehow but we'll see.

This is the carving it is based on, found outside the tourism office in Papeete, Tahiti.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-26 07:30 am   Permalink

Yo SwiZ
That’s awesome
Makes me want to visit Tahiti and the Gin Palace
He came out great
Can’t wait to see the colors bring him to life

Cheers

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-26 09:50 am   Permalink

Your work is always unique and perfectly executed, great job.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Piddersthecat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-02-28 9:23 pm   Permalink

I love the design! I can't wait to see how you choose to glaze them.

View Profile of Piddersthecat Send a personal message to Piddersthecat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-18 01:27 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comments hang10, Hilda and Pidders.

I did a small glaze firing not long after my last post but only these two mugs turned out ok. The others have been touched up and are back in the kiln (along with several other 1/1's) waiting for me to fill it with the mugs that will be going to the bar. Just waiting for some better weather so i can get outside and spray them.

Keeping this one for myself.

Gave this one to the manager of the bar, who requested the mugs, as a gift. First time i've used that gold glaze and i'm really loving it.

And here's a new design i whipped up within a week (not including waiting time for the mold to dry). I came up with the idea and then drew it up, sculpted it and made the mold in about 5 days. Can't see that ever happening again. Certainly not the most practical shape for cocktails but i seem to making a habit of designing mugs like that.

This is the first one from the mold and still needs to be bisque fired. I'm looking forward to playing around with this design and adding various embellishments.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-18 03:04 am   Permalink

Good stuff. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-18 07:35 am   Permalink

The Moai came out great
Kool colors sir

Like the new design too:
The SwiZ Hook

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2018-03-18 07:40 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-18 09:43 am   Permalink

You are such a great artist. Those are both wonderful accomplishments as is the bird. I'm so happy to see you posting and sharing. I really enjoy seeing what you are up too. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coldwarspacemonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-03-18 11:34 am   Permalink

I'm loving all of your work, but the new design is stunning! I see essences of a hook, flowers, dolphins and a lot of other things. IMO that is the essence of great art. Thanks for letting us see it!

View Profile of coldwarspacemonkey Send a personal message to coldwarspacemonkey  Email coldwarspacemonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-18 1:03 pm   Permalink

That hook mug is awesome and very original!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-18 7:10 pm   Permalink

Love both!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-18 7:10 pm   Permalink

Love both!

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-06 05:33 am   Permalink

Thank you to everyone for the kind words.

============================================

Here's the first run of custom versions of the Gin Palace moai. A few of these were fired with those pictured in my previous post but had be touched up because of some glaze flaws but thankfully the issues were fixed.

All of these have sold except for this first one pictured. Send me a message if you'd be interested in it.

And this is the final colour for the mugs that will be used in the bar. I actually mixed a blue and red glaze to get this purple and there are a few that are a slightly different shade but the bar preferred this version. This glaze has given me a lot of grief with everything needing to be fired twice and then some still needing to be fired again. Hopefully they'll work after a third firing.

Fish hooks will be bisque fired in the next day or two and then i'm just waiting for some glaze to arrive so i can get started on them.

Cheers
swizzle

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation