FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food so what (if any) brands of beer are Tiki?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
so what (if any) brands of beer are Tiki?
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-09 10:29 am   Permalink

Good news! I don't see anything official on their website yet, but I just got an email response from Kona Brewing - I had submitted a message through their site months ago when I first found out they pulled the seasonals from the mainland.

They're bringing them back! They say the first seasonal will be the Koko Brown, supposed to be available in January 2016, with the rest to follow. So they'll still only be seasonal, but at least they'll be back.

We just got back from a trip to Kauai and it was disappointing that we only found one place that had the Koko Brown. Particularly silly when Lost Coast's Downtown Brown was everywhere. Hopefully Kona's going to get it together now.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 21 days ago; 4:29 pm   Permalink

The Tiki on the label of this can of Liliko'i Kepolo caught my eye while browsing at a local liquor store, and I couldn't resist picking up a six-pack to share with my cow-orkers at our weekly "Beer-thirty" Friday get-together. It's a "Belgian-style white ale with spices and passionfruit added." Surprisingly good, with exotic, well-balanced flavors. The passionfruit adds a little sweetness without being too cloying, and it really complements the hoppy, wheaty flavor of the ale. There's a touch of coriander as well, along with some other spices I couldn't identify. It was like a tropical cocktail in a can!

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 20 days ago; 07:23 am   Permalink

Sounds yummy...if only...I don't wanna be negative, but why-oh-why can designers not go any further than the first google page under "Tiki", and have to replicate and proliferate the awful "Part City" Tiki design in its infinite variations !!?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 20 days ago; 7:49 pm   Permalink

However I don't recommend it...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 19 days ago; 03:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-11-20 07:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
Sounds yummy...if only...I don't wanna be negative, but why-oh-why can designers not go any further than the first google page under "Tiki", and have to replicate and proliferate the awful "Part City" Tiki design in its infinite variations !!?

I thought the quality of the label left something to be desired as well, bigbro, but the quality of the product inside the can won me over.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 19 days ago; 05:42 am   Permalink

Primo beer with King Kamehameha on the label?

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation